Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi ladies I'm new here

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi I'm Krystal! I'm a cafemom veteran but new to the group. I have 2 kids that will be 7 and 5 next month. We just recently started ttc! I had the mirena put in after i had my youngest. Never had a cycle while it was in. I had it removed 09/29/14 and still haven't had a cycle. I have taken a ovulation test and it said i was ovulating which is confusing. I know you ladies have been trying much longer than me though. I'm praying we all get a little angel soon! I don't know what all the ttc abbreviations mean yet. Lol
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
only1rhaine
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Welcome to the group!
Bajanmama
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hi, momma. Check the TTC Primer at the top, for what all the letters mean.

Pukity
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Welcome to the group, I hope that one of the ladies who knows more about ovulation answer that question, when I had my IUD I never lost the period, I was using a coppert T, and when I removed it I continue with periods and got pregnant 5 months later.

I think that if you go  3 months without a period you should contact your Dr and he will order a shot to tirgger it. Good luck and hopefully you get a  bfp = Big Fat Positive   Soon.

some common abreviations

AF= aunt flow

hpt = home pregnancy test

O. = ovulation

BD = Baby dancing (sex)

BFN = big fat negative

I know there are more but I can't remember them now

klandis0629
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I didn't have the Mirena but I had the nexaplon removed in November and like a week later I thought I had to cyst, went to the doc, and she said I was going to ovulate soon and I hadn't had a cycle yet either. I thought ok ok yeah right well nope two days later I had a positive opk. Hopefully you will get a cycle soon though so your body goes back to normal!
thickmamaof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Thank you ladies!
Ethans-mommy
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
My doctor told me you can ovulate without having a period after mirena. You still ovulate with the mirena, so even if you didnt have a period with mirena you were likely still ovulating and that should continue! Good luck to you!
thickmamaof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Ethans-mommy: My doctor told me you can ovulate without having a period after mirena. You still ovulate with the mirena, so even if you didnt have a period with mirena you were likely still ovulating and that should continue! Good luck to you!
mom2royal
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Hi
I just had my Mirena removed 11/10 and AF came 11/14 then again yesterday 12/19. TTC and hoping we catch the egg this cycle since we missed it somehow this past one!! I had a 32 day cycle and had a positive OPK on CD20! Idk how we didn't catch the egg because we BD very regularly. But hey it was only cycle #1 we're newly in cycle #2 and optimistic.

Good luck to you! And welcome
ckapps4911
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Also just going to say if u keep getting positive opk then u might want to take a pregnancy test... U can get positive opk while pregnant and since u got off the IUD so long ago with no period u could of ovulated and conceived in that time
thickmamaof2
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Good luck to you to mama

Quoting mom2royal: Hi
I just had my Mirena removed 11/10 and AF came 11/14 then again yesterday 12/19. TTC and hoping we catch the egg this cycle since we missed it somehow this past one!! I had a 32 day cycle and had a positive OPK on CD20! Idk how we didn't catch the egg because we BD very regularly. But hey it was only cycle #1 we're newly in cycle #2 and optimistic.

Good luck to you! And welcome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)