Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coming off birth control

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
So, tell me your expirence of coming off. My list of symptoms include: wicked heart burn, nipples are very sensative, boobs sore and bigger, I can smell better, lots of cramping but not like ouch just like "oh, I'm having cramps."

List of dates thus far:
Ended nuvaring Nov. 30
Had my cycle dec 5th - 8th
Expect a new cycle January 4 - 12 if I was still on birth control

So, here goes! I wonder when ovulation will or might occur.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I didn't notice any changes. As far as ovulation, it would be best to use ovulation strips and buy a basal body thermometer and go to www.fertilityfriend.com and it will teach you how to chart. Good luck
Yellow_Lileigh
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM
I had almost every possible symptom I've ever read about when I came off birth control. Only I didn't research until after they had been going on for several months so for a while I was sure I was pregnant. I didn't have a period for two straight months after coming off the pill. I had horribly sore breasts and nipples, nausea, severe fatigue, sudden acne breakouts as though I were 14 again, cramping, hair loss, etc. Noke of this was fun, but on the bright side I never orgasmed while on birth control (which I now know is a common side effect) and within a month after stopping they were back full force.

It also took a full 6 months before I started having more regular 30 day cycles. It was extremely frustrating to be ttc and trying to chart but then go 60+ days one cycle and 2 weeks the next. I'm still dealing with some of these symptoms but they've evened out quite a bit finally.
SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
BUMP anyone else have some good coming off birth control ideas for me?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)