Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC after miscarriage

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

I had  complete miscarriage on 27th November and when scanned on 28th I was told my uterine lining was almost back to normal and no "product" remained. I bled until Dec 1st when my husband and I decided that (with doctor's approval) to ttc immediatly and that conception would happen when it was meant to. We have been "active" (sorry tmi) and it is 4 weeks and three days since my miscarriage completed today. I have on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day had some minor spotting (brownish tinged discharge) when wiping which would be the right time for implantation, and then nothing. I have never spotted before between AF's. My boobs are beginning to tingle and I am wondering should I POAS or wait it out. Part of me wants to test right away but part of me feels nervous in case I am having false hope. Does anybody have similar experience or advice. I plan to wait until Jan 1st which will be 5 weeks past miscarriage to test. My periods were always regular before and while I know it can be six weeks to get AF following miscarriage I'm just really hoping to get a BFP. Sorry for the long winded post, I'm just nervous!

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lindz89
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Not to be neg, butI had a miscarriage in July and it took 4 months to get regular cycles that I was ovulating with. I did have a couple of periods before, but no ovulation and they were pretty long with some spotting. As far as comparing your cycles before and after miscarriage mine are completly different however always regular. It takes time, but with all this said that was my experience after a D&C and everyone is different. I'm so sorry for your loss, and know that time is the best medicine. I struggle with the loss of my baby but I can handle it better now. Baby dust to you!!
vcory
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I had a complete natural miscarriage as well but it took my body a year before things returned to normal. Honestly, I'd be getting a progesterone test before TTC again. It's one of the top reasons for m/c. Mine was very low.
fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Sorry for your loss. I am currently going through the same thing. I passed the sac on Christmas Eve, and ultrasound showed Friday that everything was naturally passed. I am finally just spotting today after one week of bleeding. Hoping that your BFP happens very soon for you!
stcy79
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Im so sorry for ur loss. I also had a loss almost 1yr ago and we started ttc right away but still nothing. I hoe u get ur rainbow baby faster than me. Los of us start testing at 8dpo,some even get pos that early. Gl

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

jas_momof2
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM

What doctor in their right mind would ok TTC less than a month after a mc?  sorry... I wish you the best, but your body needs time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)