Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dq alpha?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
I was talking to a coworker today that I know from school. She asked when I was due. I said July 8th. She is due the 1st. We got to talking and joking about the recipe to make girls and boys. I said well I know when it happened. Sooner than I was first figured. She chuckled said me too, IVF.

She explained that her and her dh had been trying for the last 4 years with no prevail. Even tried iui's at the nearest university hospital. Didn't work. She then went to St. Louis. They did more testing. Both of them are fine. But it came back that their dq alpha numbers were matching and not being opposite like suppose to be. So her body was attacking the sperm/egg once they met. Thinking it was a cancer cell in her uterus. But with IVF they were able to separate the non matching sperm and be able finally join with eggs to get embyros.

Just wondering if any of you ladies had heard of this? She said the university didn't even test for that autoimmune disease.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I have never heard of that before...very interesting
I wonder if its something they commonly test for or not

julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:04 PM
That is very interesting...and I wonder if you could get a non matching cell...also did she have many losses or just nothing at all? Now my interest is peaked lll
a06z08mama
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM
She never got pregnant that she knows of.

You want non matching. She said that this is only time you don't want numbers to match.

Quoting julieobug: That is very interesting...and I wonder if you could get a non matching cell...also did she have many losses or just nothing at all? Now my interest is peaked lll
julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Ahhh I see....well I'm glad she finally got her BFP!!!

Quoting a06z08mama: She never got pregnant that she knows of.

You want non matching. She said that this is only time you don't want numbers to match.

Quoting julieobug: That is very interesting...and I wonder if you could get a non matching cell...also did she have many losses or just nothing at all? Now my interest is peaked lll
a06z08mama
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM
And I thought of you instantly Julie! Especially with you thinking it may be Josh. Which it may be your body attacking him.

julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Hmmmm cuz I just googled it and it can cause recurrent losses too very early in the first trimester it says...man I really really hope this isn't it! It means I won't be able to carry again probably if I have the killer cells that it's talking about cuz we can't affird IVF right now

Quoting a06z08mama: And I thought of you instantly Julie! Especially with you thinking it may be Josh. Which it may be your body attacking him.

a06z08mama
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM
I hope it isn't the case and this is your cycle. And that maybe there was just too much going on during the last couple cycles... I really hope you don't have killer cells towards Josh. You deserve to get your baby without ivf!

Quoting julieobug: Hmmmm cuz I just googled it and it can cause recurrent losses too very early in the first trimester it says...man I really really hope this isn't it! It means I won't be able to carry again probably if I have the killer cells that it's talking about cuz we can't affird IVF right now

Quoting a06z08mama: And I thought of you instantly Julie! Especially with you thinking it may be Josh. Which it may be your body attacking him.

julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Well we will just keep going and pray that we get our rainbow baby soon! I don't want to jump to the worst case in my head first I might go nuts!

Quoting a06z08mama: I hope it isn't the case and this is your cycle. And that maybe there was just too much going on during the last couple cycles... I really hope you don't have killer cells towards Josh. You deserve to get your baby without ivf!

Quoting julieobug: Hmmmm cuz I just googled it and it can cause recurrent losses too very early in the first trimester it says...man I really really hope this isn't it! It means I won't be able to carry again probably if I have the killer cells that it's talking about cuz we can't affird IVF right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)