Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
I know this might sound silly, but is there a such thing as a "normal" amount of cramping in early pregnancy? I never had anything with my other pregnancies but this time I'm really feeling it. Just got my bfp yesterday and I'm really feeling the cramps today :( I'm in a warm bath and that's helping, but not by much. According to my app I should be 4 weeks 4 days. Any advice?

Thanks ladies and lots of baby dust going out :)
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Dec. 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I had a lot of cramps early on this pregnancy. Up until about 7 weeks or so. They freaked me out especially because at 5 1/2 weeks i had two days of bright red bledding accompanied with the cramps.But everything turned out to be fine. I would say if it becomes too painful or you start to have bleeding, go to the er. That way you can ease your mind. I was told the most important thing to do was to not worry and be stressed because that only causes more problems. GL momma and keep us updated :)

MrsViau
by Bekki on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Thank you :) they have subsided for now. Hoping they stay away.

Quoting TTC1Nicole:

I had a lot of cramps early on this pregnancy. Up until about 7 weeks or so. They freaked me out especially because at 5 1/2 weeks i had two days of bright red bledding accompanied with the cramps.But everything turned out to be fine. I would say if it becomes too painful or you start to have bleeding, go to the er. That way you can ease your mind. I was told the most important thing to do was to not worry and be stressed because that only causes more problems. GL momma and keep us updated :)

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM
I'm 4 weeks 1 day and have them quite a bit. I've found that drinking lots of water makes them go away!
Pukity
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

yes, I'm having the same too, I got the bfp on Sunday, yesterday had the blood drawn for hcg levels and yesterday and today cramping is bad, but the hcg levels are good. so I guess is normal, with my DD I don't remeber having them that bad, that's why I posted that question too and I got many replies telling me that they are normal, what has been helping me with the cramping is water and if I'm at home laying down. Good luck and Congrats!!!

Khooks
by Jessica on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I was about in tears at the store last night with cramps. So I'm going with normal.
MrsViau
by Bekki on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Thank you :) all I'm really drinking is water. So that does help.

Quoting Dannimarie418: I'm 4 weeks 1 day and have them quite a bit. I've found that drinking lots of water makes them go away!
MrsViau
by Bekki on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you, I never remember this with my other pregnancies either. So it was something new to me. But I am drinking mostly water so it hasn't happend much.

Quoting Pukity:

yes, I'm having the same too, I got the bfp on Sunday, yesterday had the blood drawn for hcg levels and yesterday and today cramping is bad, but the hcg levels are good. so I guess is normal, with my DD I don't remeber having them that bad, that's why I posted that question too and I got many replies telling me that they are normal, what has been helping me with the cramping is water and if I'm at home laying down. Good luck and Congrats!!!

MrsViau
by Bekki on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Ugh. It's terrible.

Quoting Khooks: I was about in tears at the store last night with cramps. So I'm going with normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)