Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we are having...

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Another little girl! We are beyond excited. It is a little bittersweet since this will be our last baby. I did find out I have an anterior plecenta, not exactly sure what that means. The doctor did not seem worried, she just said they will watch it closer the further along I get. I have read online since I have c-sections the plecenta can grow into my scar. She also said once I hit 28 weeks I will be seen every 2 weeks. Is that normal? I am used to being seen once a month until about 36 weeks then its every week. Not sure why she wants to see me so much so soon. Sorry this is so long!! Also here is a picture of our little girl!!
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
prdmama82
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations on your little girl! ! As far as the appointments go I think it's normal. After 28 weeks my midwife started scheduling me every 2 weeks and at 36 weeks I go every week. I'll be 36 weeks Saturday :)
kristine8333
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! And yes that's normal. I'm 29 weeks and now gonna be seen every 2 weeks
mkwestphal12708
by Jennifer on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! OK I was just curious. This is the first time I have seen a civilian ob so I was not sure if it was normal!

Quoting kristine8333: Congratulations! And yes that's normal. I'm 29 weeks and now gonna be seen every 2 weeks
julieobug
by Julie on Jan. 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
With my last baby I had a anterior placenta that just means that the placenta is on the front of your uterus and could make her harder to feel. Congrats on your girl!!!! I have three boys! As for the appt that seems about normal to me!
tryingfor7
by Amber on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!!:):)
cheetah90210
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats and yep normal for me it once a month till 28wks then twice a month till 37wks then once a week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)