Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's here! Dasha Carina-Lynn's birth story :)

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Last night I got the call at 8pm from my doctor that OB slowed down, and that I could come up whenever to get things rolling. So I made my phone calls, and my sister and I dropped the kids off with my mom, and headed out. Got to OB around 8:30, they got me IVed right away, but didn't start pitocin until around 9-9:30. Started at 2ml/u, and they upped my dose by 2 more every 20 minutes. Things progressed pretty fast. Around midnight I was at 4cm dilated from the 1-2cm I'd been at noon. My dr was able to break my water at that time - and around 1am I was dilated to 6-7cm. Got my dose of nubain, which lasted me until about 1:20...I was dilated to 8cm, and they got another dose of nubain going, figuring it'd be a bit yet...

Within minutes of getting my nubain dose, I was ready to push. My dr checked me again, I was 10cm, and she had just enough time to get her stuff on before baby was crowning. Two contractions pushing, and Dasha Carina-Lynn arrived at 1:29am. Poor kid's entire top of her head is bruised, as well as a bit of her face...and she didn't have time for her head to get cone shaped.

She weighed in at 6lbs 5oz, 19in long, and my smallest baby! I was expecting a 7-8lb baby, and am just in shock at how tiny she is! She's pretty much swimming in her newborn clothing!

I'm doing great...no tears, no adverse effects from the pit or nubain, and I'm not horribly swollen. The only thing we're having issues with now is Dasha latching and sucking right. I seem to recall having the same issue with Chess as a newborn...so we'll see what happens. Dash is sleeping right now, so I'm hoping that a few days of trying to get the right latch will get things moving. Especially once my milk comes in. 

Dasha and DH

DD and Dasha

Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:49 PM
So precious hon congrats
kristine8333
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Congratulations! She's beautiful
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Congratulations!!!
tluvsd2
by TONI on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:39 AM
AWWWWWW SOOO PRECIOUS AND ADORBS!!!!CONGRATS MOMMA😊
Pukity
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:34 PM

so adorable! congrats!!!

rainbowM0Mof2
by Ashley on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Aw she is beautiful. Congrats!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:26 PM

So tiny glad it ended up well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)