Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

okay im 43 and TTC

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello ladies...

I am a mom of 8 but my baby is 12 and I am in love and we've been together going on 2 years and he said to me that he really wants to have a baby with me... he has 7 of his own but this time he know he wants one, he said prior to that they just got pregnant and went with the flow of things... 

I am really anxious this time because I have not been pregnant for 12 years and for the first time in my life I actually am happy about the entire process, even the idea of going into labor, Iam saying that now but when those contractions hit me, I may have to strangle him for this...lol

so ladies how many of you all are my age thats one question and how many of you all can relate in some way and please teach me all the short cut words like the pee test post? i am lost...

today is my ovulation date but i felt the ovary pain yesterday... we tried today so im hoping that i get a positive read in a few weeks...omg im so nervous

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tluvsd2
by TONI on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
IM N MY LATE 40S BEEN TRYN 5 YEARS MARRIED MY LOVE LATE N LIFE YAY! GOOD FOR U U R STILL N A GREAT FERTILITY RANGE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A GOOD PRENATAL I ALSO JUST STARTED CQ10(UBIQUINOL FORM-SUPPOSED TO HELP W EGGIES BOTH HUBS AND I TAKE IT!:) IV GOT A FEW LADY FREINDS N FACT 1 SHE IS 48 AND IS PREGNANT ALLLL NATURAL SO THRS HOPE FOR US BOTH GOOD LUCK TO U❤🙏❤
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck on your journey!
giftsoflove8
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM

We actually decided to do it and I am so happy.... I dont think our first try will be successful I know we may have to keep trying and to me I am just going to let it flow naturally without trying to stress myself out if it happens or not... I want two more, if we have three more okay but I am thinking about the long term with us being together having to deal with three kids, maybe two...lol... but I can't wait to be preggo... 

ttc

Quoting tluvsd2: IM N MY LATE 40S BEEN TRYN 5 YEARS MARRIED MY LOVE LATE N LIFE YAY! GOOD FOR U U R STILL N A GREAT FERTILITY RANGE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A GOOD PRENATAL I ALSO JUST STARTED CQ10(UBIQUINOL FORM-SUPPOSED TO HELP W EGGIES BOTH HUBS AND I TAKE IT!:) IV GOT A FEW LADY FREINDS N FACT 1 SHE IS 48 AND IS PREGNANT ALLLL NATURAL SO THRS HOPE FOR US BOTH GOOD LUCK TO U❤🙏❤

Hopeful_2_be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Good luck hun!
Tj4babies
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll be 42 in May , been trying since last jan , one mc in jan last year!
I'm in same boat ! I have 3 kids from previous marriage , of 13 years, and for the first time I'm happy in my relationship!! Got back together w high school sweetheart 4 yrs now!!

Good luck w ur journey and lots of baby dust!
21Brook
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Hello everyone I'm 41 and trying to conceive also would love 2 & call it quits been trying for 4yrs but I'm making progress now going to see my doctor tomorrow.🚼🚼
florallove92
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM

I am not the same age, but that is awesome you are wanting to try again!! OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) might make it easier for you to pinpoint your ovulation dates each month.  Don't hesitate to get help if you're not pregnant by 6 months!! GL!!

baby dust

WalkerBait
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Sending baby dust your way.

I'm 25, 26 in may ...3 losses, 1 healthy baby who turns 4 in may.
Last loss was December 23,2014 a day shy of 8 weeks.
I have pcos and usually low b12 and d levels.

My partner is 36 and has low testerone.
He has a healthy 13 year old by his ex girlfriend.

I have him on ...
selenium (is a trace mineral that protects cells from oxidative damage and is helpful for sperm function and fertility. Selenium improves sperm formation, quantity, structure, quality, motility, and function. The epididymis, the tube through which sperm pass from the testicle through the penis, needs selenium to function properly.)

E (a powerful antioxidant that improves sperm count, quality, and motility. It helps keep the sperm membrane healthy and protects sperm from free-radical damage. Studies show that vitamin E supplements improve the sperm’s overall ability to penetrate an egg. IVF success rates are higher for couples in which the man takes vitamin E supplements)

Zinc (the most important mineral for male fertility)

Fish oil
Multi vitamin

I take an woman's multi vitamin,e, d, b6,b12, and fish oil.

katie23VA
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:05 PM
43 is not in a great fertility range. Ask any RE on the planet.

Quoting tluvsd2: IM N MY LATE 40S BEEN TRYN 5 YEARS MARRIED MY LOVE LATE N LIFE YAY! GOOD FOR U U R STILL N A GREAT FERTILITY RANGE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A GOOD PRENATAL I ALSO JUST STARTED CQ10(UBIQUINOL FORM-SUPPOSED TO HELP W EGGIES BOTH HUBS AND I TAKE IT!:) IV GOT A FEW LADY FREINDS N FACT 1 SHE IS 48 AND IS PREGNANT ALLLL NATURAL SO THRS HOPE FOR US BOTH GOOD LUCK TO U❤🙏❤
tluvsd2
by TONI on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM
43 I DID IF U R N YOUR 40S UP UNTIL 45/46 U STILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE AT CONCEPTION IM 47 SO IM AT 1% ANYTHING AFTER 46 IS VERY HARD U R LOOK. AT DONOR EGGS AND IVF SO YES SHE IS STILL N A GOOD FERTILITY RANGE FOR HER AGE !:)

Quoting katie23VA: 43 is not in a great fertility range. Ask any RE on the planet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)