Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Ladies :)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I haven't posted in a while. Last time I did I announced I was taking a break from TTC after a Miscarriage. 

My new year is off to a different start this year. SO and I split up after some issues arose. And I had some choices to make.

I want to be a mom more than anything in this world. And I feel with my gut my time is now. I am ready financially and have an incredible support system behind me.

So I have decided to take the journey to parenthood as a single mother.

I have an appointment with my Doctor next Thursday. She will then refer me to a Reproductive Gynecologist. At that point I will be starting the steps of using donor sperm.

I am very excited and nervous. Mostly because I hope it doesnt take several attempts.

Any advice from ladies who have taken this path??

Can you recommend any good Sperm banks other than Cryobank??

All help is welcome.

Just please no negativity.

I understand some might not agree with my choice, just don't voice it here.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM

oh im so sorry about your miscarriage and you and your SO splitting. I wish you the best good luck :) 

MysticRose81
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Sorry your year started off bad with everything that's happened but if your ready I hope things work out good for you in the sperm donor department and you get pregnant soon
julieobug
by Julie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:32 PM
I'm so sorry that everything has changed so much! But good for you with this choice! I don't have any advice with the donors because we have a personal one but I wish you all the luck in the world!
LibraBalance
by Megan on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I don't have experience but I want to say I am sorry for your loss and I think it's incredibly brave to have a child as a single mother! I couldn't do it. Good luck hun!

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Good luck to you dear! So sorry about your loss and your split up with SO but you gotta do what's best for you! And only you knows what's best for you!
destiny3513
by Destiny on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Good luck. I have no experience in that. Bump for more answers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)