Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird taste.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
I posted two days ago about some weird pink tinged cm most things I read said mos likely ovulation. Tested yesterday and got a neg. this morning I started having a weird metallic taste in my mouth. Not sure if or when I ovulated (not trying to get preg) my husband actually just had a vasectomy last month so didn't think this would be something I had to worry about any more. I know I'm on cd 21. Would I have gotten a bfp yesterday if the metallic taste is pregnancy related?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LibraBalance
by Megan on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Not necessarily. It can take a few days for HCG to build up enough in your urine to get a positive test, but your symptoms can start as soon as implantation occurs.

Eta I believe you have to use protection for a few months after a vasectomy for it to be effective...

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well after a vasectomy you need to use protection until your DH goes back and gets checked to make sure the surgery worked

How long are your cycles normally?
If you ovulated on say...cd14 you would only be about 7dpo today...too early for a BFP yet...but if you ovulated later say cd18 or 19 (to go with the pink cm) it would be WAY too early for a BFP or symptoms

seaturtle1
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Not sure but hope you get your answer.

xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Yes we know we are just dumb. Which is why he got the vasectomy. When it comes to protection it has just never been something we were good at. Didn't use protection once after having my son (he is one yr and 3 months) just started my first period on Christmas. I have pcos so it's never been easy to get preg so it's never something that we have ever been overly concerned with. Obviously if I am I will view it as a gift but just not something I ever expected to be dealing with now

Quoting LibraBalance:

Not necessarily. It can take a few days for HCG to build up enough in your urine to get a positive test, but your symptoms can start as soon as implantation occurs.

Eta I believe you have to use protection for a few months after a vasectomy for it to be effective...

xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:52 PM
Yes we know what we should have done just never very good with the protection business. It was my first cycle since I gave birth to my son over a year ago so not sure. think I had between 28 and 30 day cycles.

Quoting kelly617:

Well after a vasectomy you need to use protection until your DH goes back and gets checked to make sure the surgery workedHow long are your cycles normally?If you ovulated on say...cd14 you would only be about 7dpo today...too early for a BFP yet...but if you ovulated later say cd18 or 19 (to go with the pink cm) it would be WAY too early for a BFP or symptoms

LibraBalance
by Megan on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I guess all you can do now is wait, and maybe test every couple days until af comes since you don't know when you O & your cycles are irregular. Good luck either way! 

Quoting xtriciax: Yes we know we are just dumb. Which is why he got the vasectomy. When it comes to protection it has just never been something we were good at. Didn't use protection once after having my son (he is one yr and 3 months) just started my first period on Christmas. I have pcos so it's never been easy to get preg so it's never something that we have ever been overly concerned with. Obviously if I am I will view it as a gift but just not something I ever expected to be dealing with now
Quoting LibraBalance:

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I just learned that a few weeks ago on another forum..I've never looked into it too much...I just assumed once the tubes were cut that was it...but apparently there can be a "reserve army" lol

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait a little bit
You could be too early to get a positive....OR your cycles are still trying to regulate

My cycles are TOTALLY different now than before I had my first so they could be different for you now

GOOD LUCK!

Quoting xtriciax: Yes we know what we should have done just never very good with the protection business. It was my first cycle since I gave birth to my son over a year ago so not sure. think I had between 28 and 30 day cycles.
Quoting kelly617:

Well after a vasectomy you need to use protection until your DH goes back and gets checked to make sure the surgery workedHow long are your cycles normally?If you ovulated on say...cd14 you would only be about 7dpo today...too early for a BFP yet...but if you ovulated later say cd18 or 19 (to go with the pink cm) it would be WAY too early for a BFP or symptoms

xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Yea think I'm just nervous because I have a high miscarriage rate and I feel like if i find out I am and lose it and can't concieve again I might be devestaed. I was finally becoming ok with not getting preg ever again then this crap lol

Quoting kelly617:

I just learned that a few weeks ago on another forum..I've never looked into it too much...I just assumed once the tubes were cut that was it...but apparently there can be a "reserve army" lolUnfortunately you'll just have to wait a little bitYou could be too early to get a positive....OR your cycles are still trying to regulateMy cycles are TOTALLY different now than before I had my first so they could be different for you nowGOOD LUCK!

Quoting xtriciax: Yes we know what we should have done just never very good with the protection business. It was my first cycle since I gave birth to my son over a year ago so not sure. think I had between 28 and 30 day cycles.

Quoting kelly617:

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I'm so sorry....losses just suck...they just ruin everything
We were trying for a few months and then I got pregnant....we lost it at only about 5wks....and now nothing since the loss

I am TERRIFIED that I will never get pregnant again and I missed my chance by waiting

Quoting xtriciax: Yea think I'm just nervous because I have a high miscarriage rate and I feel like if i find out I am and lose it and can't concieve again I might be devestaed. I was finally becoming ok with not getting preg ever again then this crap lol
Quoting kelly617:

I just learned that a few weeks ago on another forum..I've never looked into it too much...I just assumed once the tubes were cut that was it...but apparently there can be a "reserve army" lolUnfortunately you'll just have to wait a little bitYou could be too early to get a positive....OR your cycles are still trying to regulateMy cycles are TOTALLY different now than before I had my first so they could be different for you nowGOOD LUCK!

Quoting kelly617:

xtriciax
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:50 PM
Yea I've lost three. Two at ten weeks and one at five. It's awful but I have to beautiful babies so I feel blesse. I will pray for your and your journey.

Quoting kelly617:

I'm so sorry....losses just suck...they just ruin everythingWe were trying for a few months and then I got pregnant....we lost it at only about 5wks....and now nothing since the lossI am TERRIFIED that I will never get pregnant again and I missed my chance by waiting

Quoting xtriciax: Yea think I'm just nervous because I have a high miscarriage rate and I feel like if i find out I am and lose it and can't concieve again I might be devestaed. I was finally becoming ok with not getting preg ever again then this crap lol

Quoting kelly617:

Quoting kelly617:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)