Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After You " Do The Deed" Do You Elevate Your Pelvis?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
Well idk when I'll "O" as usual. But my cycles are short 25 days long. Already seeing a ton of EWCM & having cramps and my period ended Jan 11th. I never did elevate my pelvis after sex. But I am going to try it this cycle too see if it helps. I look dumb but I literally put my legs up against the wall for about 10 min. Do any of you ladies do this? Or find it help or he necessary?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

No
I read you really only need to do it if you have a tilted uterus...even then its not really necessary
I read that sperm is traveling like 30mph and they only have to go a few inches so they are pretty much wherever they need to be to wait for the egg within a few minutes...so as long as you just stay laying down you're fine

Hopeful_2_be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:10 AM
I always elevate afterwards! Only i lay down on the floor and use the bed, wall, or couch to put my legs up on. Lol Sometimes i'll put a pillow or 2 under my hips too and i usually stay like that for like 15-20 mins!
MarriedMyPrince
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Lol well I don't have a tilted uterus. Just wanted to help the little guys and gals out. Wow they travel 30mph. That's insanely fast for microscopic sperm.

Quoting kelly617:

NoI read you really only need to do it if you have a tilted uterus...even then its not really necessaryI read that sperm is traveling like 30mph and they only have to go a few inches so they are pretty much wherever they need to be to wait for the egg within a few minutes...so as long as you just stay laying down you're fine

MarriedMyPrince
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:19 AM
Well I guess I'm not the only one. Do you have a tilted uterus? I don't I just thought this cycle I would try to help the little guys and girls out. Then Kelly said they travel 39mph! Dang that's fast for microscopic sperm.

Quoting Hopeful_2_be: I always elevate afterwards! Only i lay down on the floor and use the bed, wall, or couch to put my legs up on. Lol Sometimes i'll put a pillow or 2 under my hips too and i usually stay like that for like 15-20 mins!
MarriedMyPrince
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Sorry she said 30mph..lol stupid phone

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Well I guess I'm not the only one. Do you have a tilted uterus? I don't I just thought this cycle I would try to help the little guys and girls out. Then Kelly said they travel 39mph! Dang that's fast for microscopic sperm.

Quoting Hopeful_2_be: I always elevate afterwards! Only i lay down on the floor and use the bed, wall, or couch to put my legs up on. Lol Sometimes i'll put a pillow or 2 under my hips too and i usually stay like that for like 15-20 mins!
allycally
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It won't hurt....i opened the post because i thought it said Penis not pelvis and i was like O.o ...lol
MarriedMyPrince
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
HOLY CRAP! LOL! Yeah I see where you could of thought it said penis.

Quoting allycally: It won't hurt....i opened the post because i thought it said Penis not pelvis and i was like O.o ...lol
Hopeful_2_be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Lol I don't have one either i just do it just in case it can help! It's not like it hurts my chances so the more help i give the lil ones the better! That's pretty cool if they do actually travel that fast!

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Well I guess I'm not the only one. Do you have a tilted uterus? I don't I just thought this cycle I would try to help the little guys and girls out. Then Kelly said they travel 39mph! Dang that's fast for microscopic sperm.

Hopeful_2_be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:27 AM
LMAO That just made my night!

Quoting allycally: It won't hurt....i opened the post because i thought it said Penis not pelvis and i was like O.o ...lol
MarriedMyPrince
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:32 AM
I meant 30mph. Lol and I guess a scientific study was done on them too see how fast they travel. On average 30mph is it. I watched a video a while back. It said that the travel from the cervix to the uterus at 30mph, being microscopic is like us driving 30mph from East coast to West coast. Or visa versa. That's insanely long journey. And all the obstacles they face is scary. So no wonder it seems hard to get pregnant. There is only a 20% Chance it will happen every cycle and that's for healthy fertile women. Been seeing quite a few bfps. I hope this is a good sign we will get ours soon.

Quoting Hopeful_2_be: Lol I don't have one either i just do it just in case it can help! It's not like it hurts my chances so the more help i give the lil ones the better! That's pretty cool if they do actually travel that fast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)