Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These opk test are starting to piss me off

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
Still trying to figure out my cycle so test daily per doctor. The last 2 mornings they have been a shade under the control line but yesterday afternoon I retested and nothing but a control line. But then this morning there is another shade under line. Really frustrating and pissing me off.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julieobug
by Julie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:13 AM
What brand are you using?
nikkiellison
by Nikki on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Unfortunately it's answer brand. I live out in the country and the closest store is30 mins away and that's all the have. I tried to get the dt test but my store has a 2 limit. Not worth driving into town every 2 days lol. Was going to order some off of Amazon but wasn't sure which ones.

Quoting julieobug: What brand are you using?
julieobug
by Julie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM
I use the wondfo from AMAZON and personally I think they are awesome!

Quoting nikkiellison: Unfortunately it's answer brand. I live out in the country and the closest store is30 mins away and that's all the have. I tried to get the dt test but my store has a 2 limit. Not worth driving into town every 2 days lol. Was going to order some off of Amazon but wasn't sure which ones.

LibraBalance
by Megan on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:55 PM
I agree with Julie. Love wondfo.

Quoting julieobug: I use the wondfo from AMAZON and personally I think they are awesome!

Quoting nikkiellison: Unfortunately it's answer brand. I live out in the country and the closest store is30 mins away and that's all the have. I tried to get the dt test but my store has a 2 limit. Not worth driving into town every 2 days lol. Was going to order some off of Amazon but wasn't sure which ones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippiemama424
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I agree with the above, answer brand was a waste of money. Did the exact same thing to me. Get some wondfo off the internet and save yourself from lots of frustration!
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM

I hated answer brand....used them once..never got a true positive
switched to wondfo and never had a problem

I also found out you shouldn't test first thing in the morning it will give you a false positive. Supposedly the best time to test is either early afternoon (1ish) or early evening (5 or 6)

mamatink7
by Franceska on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM
I use Clearblue advanced smiley ones requested from my RE. It tells low high or peak days. Real simple and cheaper (20 tests) if get on sale or online. These you take with FMU or longest pee hold.
good luck
mswc101
by Emm on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM

i only started opks this current cycle (currently CD25 so not using now) - just tests strips from an aussie site (im from australia lol) and i must say i was confused also. i have an idea of when my surge was but man was i sick of peeing in a cup and scratching my head! lol

nikkiellison
by Nikki on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM
This is the first I've heard od this. I'll give it a try.

Quoting kelly617:

I hated answer brand....used them once..never got a true positive switched to wondfo and never had a problemI also found out you shouldn't test first thing in the morning it will give you a false positive. Supposedly the best time to test is either early afternoon (1ish) or early evening (5 or 6)

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:37 PM

I didn't either until I think last cycle or the one before...
GOOD LUCK!!!

Quoting nikkiellison: This is the first I've heard od this. I'll give it a try.
Quoting kelly617:

I hated answer brand....used them once..never got a true positive switched to wondfo and never had a problemI also found out you shouldn't test first thing in the morning it will give you a false positive. Supposedly the best time to test is either early afternoon (1ish) or early evening (5 or 6)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)