Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Trying to Conceive! Please introduce yourself...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

ttcWelcome to the Trying to Conceive group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other women who are TTC just like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How long have you been TTC?
2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have?
3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up?
4. What do you have planned for today?

After you've replied here, say hello to the others who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

Enjoy the group!

baby dustSteph

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haveagoodday
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

1. How long have you been TTC? 9 months for this one. Miscarriage after 3 months of trying and now on month 6 since m/c. 10 years for the first one...I have peed on so many tests and seen so many BFN's :P
2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? I have 2 children, this will be my last
3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up? Born and raised in Washington state and still here
4. What do you have planned for today? Hoping to sleep. We sleep days due to husbands work schedule

And thank you!!! I have been lurking a month or so and finally decided to participate. Seems like a nice bunch of people here!!!

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Feb. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hi and welcome! So sorry for your losses. Those never are easy to deal with. You'll find a lot of great ladies with good advice and support here. Good luck and baby dust for you! baby dust

Quoting haveagoodday:

1. How long have you been TTC? 9 months for this one. Miscarriage after 3 months of trying and now on month 6 since m/c. 10 years for the first one...I have peed on so many tests and seen so many BFN's :P2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? I have 2 children, this will be my last3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up? Born and raised in Washington state and still here 4. What do you have planned for today? Hoping to sleep. We sleep days due to husbands work schedule

And thank you!!! I have been lurking a month or so and finally decided to participate. Seems like a nice bunch of people here!!!

MOTHERfluff
by on Feb. 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone! My name is Sara. I have been TTC for 2.5 years. This will not be our first, we have 2 boys; ages 6 and 3. Since we have been TTC, we have had 3 miscarriages. I live in North Carolina and grew up in the Raleigh area.

CosmicSunflower
by Member on Feb. 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey guys!! I am new to CafeMom!  My name is Emily, but you can call me Sunflower... or Em... or Emmy... I'm not too picky on that stuff.  I am 27 and I am trying to conceive my first child.

1. How long have you been TTC? About a month.
2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? Yes.
3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up? I live in Florida, but I grew up in California. (In the valley, not the city.)
4. What do you have planned for today? Be awesome.  Make someone else smile.  Pass on the power of positivity.  I work until 5pm, so I am thinking that tonight I will be exhausted.  :)

This is my first time being on this site.  A friend of mine uses it quite frequently, as she has 3 kids respectively.  I am so excited about this new journey of mine.  :)

badamic
by Member on Feb. 13, 2015 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone! My name is Brittany and my husband and I have been TTC now for 13 months! We already have a 2.5 year old son together. We were both born and raised in the Bay Area near San Francisco. My husband is in the military and is a police officer so it can be hard sometimes to try consistently! I just recently finished all my testing except my HSG test which I'm doing next week!! My doctor can't figure out why I'm not getting pregnant again!!
Nessa0209
by on Feb. 14, 2015 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies im a new member to this site. My name is Vanessa and I recently found out that I have PCOS and ever since then I've been doing IUI treatments to be able to conceive. I'm starting my new treatment this following week so hopefully this time around it works. This will be my husbands and I 4th treatment so fingers crossed. Have any of you done IUI?

1. How long have you been TTC? It's been about roughly a year now that my husband and I have been trying but, 6 months of doing IUI treatments.
2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? Yes, this will be our first baby.
3. Where do you live? Where did you grow up? We live in Magnolia, Tx and both grew up in Houston, Tx
4. What do you have planned for today? Busy day ahead of us and I'm still awake at 3 am lol

I'm a newbie to this page and so far I'm loving it!
kit279
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2015 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone, My husband and I just started this process. I just stopped my birthcontrol, about a month ago, and had my first period! We havent actively started trying just yet, i'm trying to let my hormones readjust since i've been on birthcontrol for about 7 years. I have a history of issues with my periods, and a family history of conception issues, miscarriages, and stillborns. I'm very nervous and want to do all I can to give our baby the best chance. This is our first baby, so theres a lot of anxiety. My husband is scared for my health (I am very petite, about 5'1'', and 94lbs). Right now, I take centrum chewables. It has 400 mcg of folic acid. I tend to have trouble with taking vitamins, what would you ladies suggest? and has anyone had issues with being small and have any tricks to gain weight? any help would be wonderful.  We both live and grew up in New Hampshire.

RachelS2005
by Member on Feb. 16, 2015 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
1. How long have you been TTC? We just made the decision a couple weeks ago (coincidentally during possible fertile period) that now was the time to start trying.
2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? This will be our 2nd. We have a 3 year old DD
3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up? I live in a small town in Mid-Missouri. I grew up in the Kansas City MO area.
4. What do you have planned for today? Enjoying the snowy weather (most we have had this season so DD is excited!) and trying to decide if I should test tomorrow?
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Nice to meet you, Sara! I'm sorry for your losses. This is a great place to get support when you're TTC and dealing with all of that, though.

Quoting MOTHERfluff:

Hi everyone! My name is Sara. I have been TTC for 2.5 years. This will not be our first, we have 2 boys; ages 6 and 3. Since we have been TTC, we have had 3 miscarriages. I live in North Carolina and grew up in the Raleigh area.

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Emily! Your screenname is very cute. :)

Quoting CosmicSunflower:

Hey guys!! I am new to CafeMom!  My name is Emily, but you can call me Sunflower... or Em... or Emmy... I'm not too picky on that stuff.  I am 27 and I am trying to conceive my first child.

1. How long have you been TTC? About a month.2. Will this be your first baby? If not, how many other kids do you have? Yes.3. Where do you live?  Where did you grow up? I live in Florida, but I grew up in California. (In the valley, not the city.)4. What do you have planned for today? Be awesome.  Make someone else smile.  Pass on the power of positivity.  I work until 5pm, so I am thinking that tonight I will be exhausted.  :)

This is my first time being on this site.  A friend of mine uses it quite frequently, as she has 3 kids respectively.  I am so excited about this new journey of mine.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)