Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supplement recall

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/sidebar-whats-in-those-supplements/?_r=2

Big supplement recall with store brands! Worth checking out to see if you take any.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julieobug
by Julie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:39 PM
Holy crapola!!! I wish they had tested each and every supplement and not just some....cuz now I want to know if the ones I could be taking are even worth it
Khooks
by Jessica on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM
My thoughts too! That's why I posted because they didn't test many and may be worth switching just in case. Many of us try things and hope they work when we could be taking crap.

Quoting julieobug: Holy crapola!!! I wish they had tested each and every supplement and not just some....cuz now I want to know if the ones I could be taking are even worth it
julieobug
by Julie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This is horrible and makes me so so so freaking mad!!!

Quoting Khooks: My thoughts too! That's why I posted because they didn't test many and may be worth switching just in case. Many of us try things and hope they work when we could be taking crap.

Quoting julieobug: Holy crapola!!! I wish they had tested each and every supplement and not just some....cuz now I want to know if the ones I could be taking are even worth it
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Okay...well....the two things I thought actually helped get me pregnant apparently did fuck all

I took Spring Valley Evening Primrose and Saw Palmetto..and I'm guessing I was actually just taking a bunch of garlic and rice

mamatink7
by Franceska on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM
How ironic?! Our 10pm news featured this story too. Kind of scary. Wonder what else they will find out next?
thx for sharing
txmomw2
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Crazy! Will be reevaluating my medicine cabinet.
Khooks
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:07 AM
I took spring valley evening primerose too for a couple months, then stopped! I definitely smell a lawsuit coming their way soon.

Quoting kelly617:

Okay...well....the two things I thought actually helped get me pregnant apparently did fuck allI took Spring Valley Evening Primrose and Saw Palmetto..and I'm guessing I was actually just taking a bunch of garlic and rice

Khooks
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:08 AM
I know! Companies these days will do anything for money!

Quoting mamatink7: How ironic?! Our 10pm news featured this story too. Kind of scary. Wonder what else they will find out next?
thx for sharing
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I'm going to have to go get all new vitamins
I just looked and I'm also currently taking Spring Valley: Prentals, DHA & Vitamin D3
I'll never buy store brand again...I'll spend the extra money and get a legit brand

Quoting Khooks: I took spring valley evening primerose too for a couple months, then stopped! I definitely smell a lawsuit coming their way soon.
Quoting kelly617:

Okay...well....the two things I thought actually helped get me pregnant apparently did fuck allI took Spring Valley Evening Primrose and Saw Palmetto..and I'm guessing I was actually just taking a bunch of garlic and rice

julieobug
by Julie on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Yep me too nothing store brand again

Quoting kelly617:

I'm going to have to go get all new vitaminsI just looked and I'm also currently taking Spring Valley: Prentals, DHA & Vitamin D3I'll never buy store brand again...I'll spend the extra money and get a legit brand

Quoting Khooks: I took spring valley evening primerose too for a couple months, then stopped! I definitely smell a lawsuit coming their way soon.

Quoting kelly617:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)