Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone....?????

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

used an ovualtion kit? if so what kind? how did it work?

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I used wondfo, CVS and Rite Aid. They all worked about the same. Around the time you are about to ovulate you should start using the OPKs and once the test line is as dark or darker than the control line you should ovulate within the next 2 days I think. They work well for timing ovulation.

D3SMOMMY
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:03 PM

so you have to determine when you think you are going to ovulate and try to take a test then? ive never used one and i curious if it will help? 

Quoting Nuggit222:

I used wondfo, CVS and Rite Aid. They all worked about the same. Around the time you are about to ovulate you should start using the OPKs and once the test line is as dark or darker than the control line you should ovulate within the next 2 days I think. They work well for timing ovulation.

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Well you can start early like CD10 and go from there, that way you can get a feel for when you ovulate. I have started at CD10 and not gotten a positive OPK until CD16 or 17 so I found that I ovulated late and had a shortened luteal phase.

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

so you have to determine when you think you are going to ovulate and try to take a test then? ive never used one and i curious if it will help? 

Quoting Nuggit222:

D3SMOMMY
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM

M

Y

my cycles seem to only be 23-24 days long.......im guessing i ovulate earlier

Quoting Nuggit222:

Well you can start early like CD10 and go from there, that way you can get a feel for when you ovulate. I have started at CD10 and not gotten a positive OPK until CD16 or 17 so I found that I ovulated late and had a shortened luteal phase.

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

Quoting Nuggit222:

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Oh wow, yeah. Then I would start even earlier with the OPK and also consider temping. I could never temp but it's the more accurate way to track ovulation.

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

M

Y

my cycles seem to only be 23-24 days long.......im guessing i ovulate earlier

Quoting Nuggit222:

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

Quoting Nuggit222:

Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:23 PM

i use dollar tree, frer or answer

fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM
I use wondfo usually. They are my favorite since I use two a day everyday from CD 9 on.

I know this isn't what you asked for, but Since your cycles are so short I would highly recommend temping. You want to pinpoint ovulation to make sure you don't have a luteal phase defect which could actually harm your chances.
D3SMOMMY
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:57 PM

ok so how does temping work? where can i get a guide or more info?

Quoting fitcoachtiff: I use wondfo usually. They are my favorite since I use two a day everyday from CD 9 on. I know this isn't what you asked for, but Since your cycles are so short I would highly recommend temping. You want to pinpoint ovulation to make sure you don't have a luteal phase defect which could actually harm your chances.

seaturtle1
by Melissa on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I use wondfo.  These have been the best and cheapest tests for me.I start using them one a day the day after my period stops.  I am still learning when I ovulate so I test early till I get a positive then 2 days after or till the positive is gone.  Then I do the same thing next month.  One month I ovulated on day 12 the other day 11. So I need to keep using them right after my last period day till I get a more accurate time of when I ovulate.  Then I can take them closer to when ovulation date is due.  Must learn your o date first so start testing day after period leaves.

fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
http://mobile.cafemom.com/advice/ttc/charting

Here are some links. It's super simple and it eliminates the guess work for the most part! It doesn't help you to know if you are ABOUT to ovulate. For that purpose you will need OPKs. Temping does however pinpoint your ovulation date which (a) helps you know exactly how many DPO you are and when AF is actually due (b) will help you determine the length of your luteal phase. Anything less than 10 days is considered a luteal phase defect. If that is the case you can work with your doctor on a way to lengthen it which will in turn help your chances tremendously.

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

ok so how does temping work? where can i get a guide or more info?

Quoting fitcoachtiff: I use wondfo usually. They are my favorite since I use two a day everyday from CD 9 on. I know this isn't what you asked for, but Since your cycles are so short I would highly recommend temping. You want to pinpoint ovulation to make sure you don't have a luteal phase defect which could actually harm your chances.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)