Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hsg today what should I expect

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
Here soon I will be going in for my hsg I'm getting a little nervous. What should I expect? How many ladies got the hsg and have gotten pregnant soon afterwards? I have heard a lot of women getting pregnant right after. I am hoping this is me. As long as everything is clear they will also put me on clomid. What should I expect with clomid?
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Melisha0214
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I had an HSG and got pregnant a few months later.  It ended in a mc but it worked!  The procedure itself was mostly just awkward.  They first explained everything they'd do and then brought me in. They injected the dye (all while still having the speculum in) and have you tilt from side to side.  There was some cramping like with af but it wasn't bad at all.  I was more concerned with the awkwardness it all!  

Heart4family
by Irene on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM
Thank you hun. I've been reading about it and some say it hurts like hell, but AF cramps I can deal with. I'm sorry for your loss.

Quoting Melisha0214:

I had an HSG and got pregnant a few months later.  It ended in a mc but it worked!  The procedure itself was mostly just awkward.  They first explained everything they'd do and then brought me in. They injected the dye (all while still having the speculum in) and have you tilt from side to side.  There was some cramping like with af but it wasn't bad at all.  I was more concerned with the awkwardness it all!  

Melisha0214
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to pee soooo bad and honestly I was in more pain from a full bladder lol.  Good luck babe!

Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

it wasn't painful for me... it was uncomforable like a papsmear.

take about 500mg of ibupropren before you go, that should help.  bring a pad, the dye was sticky and dripped a bit afterwards.

like someone else said, it was more awkward for me than anything.

good luck!  try not to be nervous

Heart4family
by Irene on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:12 PM
I went in to get my hsg done. Took the pregnancy test then got told I had to wait for the results. 30min later they came out said I had to wait til 1:30 since my doctor had to do an emergency c-cection. Then at 1:03 I got a phone call saying it needed to be rescheduled for another day. I'm still waiting for them to call me back to reschedule. My next office visit is Monday. I should also be ovulating around the 4th. Now I'm feeling discouraged. I was hoping it would help this cycle but now I'm not so sure :(

Quoting Fairegirl33:

take about 500mg of ibupropren before you go, that should help.  bring a pad, the dye was sticky and dripped a bit afterwards.

Heart4family
by Irene on Feb. 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Thank you. I now have to reschedule since my doctor had to do a c-cection. Still waiting for them to call me back. Feeling a tad discouraged now.

Quoting Melisha0214:

I had to pee soooo bad and honestly I was in more pain from a full bladder lol.  Good luck babe!

Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 24, 2015 at 8:09 AM

omg how frustrating :(

sorry hun

Quoting Heart4family: I went in to get my hsg done. Took the pregnancy test then got told I had to wait for the results. 30min later they came out said I had to wait til 1:30 since my doctor had to do an emergency c-cection. Then at 1:03 I got a phone call saying it needed to be rescheduled for another day. I'm still waiting for them to call me back to reschedule. My next office visit is Monday. I should also be ovulating around the 4th. Now I'm feeling discouraged. I was hoping it would help this cycle but now I'm not so sure :(
Quoting Fairegirl33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)