Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to handle friend bfp announcements?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

So I've had a HUGE amount of facebook friends announcing their pregnancies in the past few months...so many that I've had to unfollow them so it's not constantly in my newsfeed.  Somehow this has made some of them mad at me for not commenting on their pics etc...how do you guys handle this?  I've even had some friends delete me!  We've been ttc since 2011 with a miscarriage a year ago so it hurts to see announcements on my down days.  so frustrating!!!

Remember.. the mighty oak was once just a little nut that stood its ground!
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kit279
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

i feel the same way you do. certain people i am ok with, others it hurts to see. I take them off of my newsfeed. Heck, theres even a girl who is also TTC, and i took her off my newsfeed because every day it was "wah, i'm not pregnant. i want to be pregnant.", just constantly talking about it, when i'm trying to not stress (although this week not stressing isnt on the plate lol). I think that your friends need to understand how much it hurts some people, especially those you have trouble, and that while we are happy for them, we have pain. Best of luck to you!

ewunia79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM
Honestly, I would just stay away from Facebook......
Melisha0214
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:47 AM

I try but I live in Georgia and all my family is in Oklahoma and Washington so I keep up with them all there.   

monkeybelle83
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM

I'd really just tell the people who are butt hurt that it is hard for you to see because you're struggling. If they choose to take it personally that is on them, not you. You've got to put yourself first sometimes. 
I'm currently avoiding some of my FB groups because I just can't deal with all the new pregnancies.  

Meg2011425
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM
I felt the same way. I have my healthy 6 year old son and I've had two back to back mc's and TTC my second living baby for 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCplus1
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
How would they know you have un followed them???
If you meant so much to them they wanted your opinion/approval they would contact you privately. I personally hate when people post their whole lives on Facebook. (Look what I ate; this is what I did today Urg. Who cares!!! Lol)

I'm sure people have deleted you because they cleaned out their Facebook page and felt you don't really communicate too much. (I do this once a year)

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time ttc. I send you lots of baby dust.

Quoting Melisha0214:

So I've had a HUGE amount of facebook friends announcing their pregnancies in the past few months...so many that I've had to unfollow them so it's not constantly in my newsfeed.  Somehow this has made some of them mad at me for not commenting on their pics etc...how do you guys handle this?  I've even had some friends delete me!  We've been ttc since 2011 with a miscarriage a year ago so it hurts to see announcements on my down days.  so frustrating!!!

MysticRose81
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Just tell them the truth about how your not comfortable hearing about all that right now
Kachetes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM
I live in GA and have a very good friend in OK that I met in this group about 3 yrs ago :)

I understand where you're coming from, have you tried telling them and talking to them about how you feel?

Quoting Melisha0214:

I try but I live in Georgia and all my family is in Oklahoma and Washington so I keep up with them all there.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)