Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondfo OPK experiences...am I just not ovulating? :/

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

Sorry for all the OPK posts, ladies. Everyone who has taken the time to respond, I really appreciate it. 

So I have tested Monday - Friday multiple times during the mid morning - evening and while the line has gotten darker since the first day, it's still not as dark or darker than the control line. Does this mean I am not ovulating? I have never used opk's, is it normal to go 5 days with a slightly darkening line but still not have gotten a + ? Is it the brand - did I get what I paid for? Or is it just my body? 

Thanks again all. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LibraBalance
by Megan on Feb. 27, 2015 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
So i mentioned before mine will get darker/lighter and have nothing to do with when I O. I know you said you had a irregular AF, right? It could be you are not ovulating (that's why af isn't showing up). I love wondfo brand, and never have a problem with them. Although, without temping, you can't say for sure you're not Oing because you could just miss your surge (sometimes it only lasts a few hours). I would suggest talking to your doctor mostly about the irregular af :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

hun... if you have a 40+ day cycle... you aren't going to O until late in your cycle.  meaning cd30+.

what cycle day did you say your normally O on?

many ladies use wondfo's (including me) and have great experience with them.

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Quoting Fairegirl33:

hun... if you have a 40+ day cycle... you aren't going to O until late in your cycle.  meaning cd30+.

That's just it, idk. I've had cycles that go 34 days, I've had them go 40. When I got pregant with DS, I hadn't had a period for 6 months prior. I'm all over the place. I have ovulated before, could my body have just stopped? It seems like the line is getting darker, but I read amazon reviews where women noted that the lines didn't always get as dark as the control line, so I thought I would ask. This is my first cycle testing with opk's because I don't know when I O. I have signs, but it's been 10 months no BFP, so I figured reading my body's signs wasn't enough. It sounds like I need to temp, too maybe? i was going about every 38 days from april til sept then they stopped until Jan 26th when I had a 3 days light period. My body is very confusing :/ 

Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM

yeah that is very frustrating for sure... are you working with an RE ?  have you had hormonal testing done?  and can a doctor do an u/s or something to see if you are O'ing.

i know that im just butting in on all this and im sure that you have been telling the ladies all this before, so im sorry if you have :)

the irregular cycles are definetly a problem, because you are right... you could being O'ing or you could not be... and truly, you really don't know when the "norm" would be.

most times, the OPK WILL get as dark as the 1st line.   mine very rarely get DARKER but i know alot of girls says theirs do.  one time, i got all excited but it was crazy darker LOL

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

That's just it, idk. I've had cycles that go 34 days, I've had them go 40. When I got pregant with DS, I hadn't had a period for 6 months prior. I'm all over the place. I have ovulated before, could my body have just stopped? It seems like the line is getting darker, but I read amazon reviews where women noted that the lines didn't always get as dark as the control line, so I thought I would ask. This is my first cycle testing with opk's because I don't know when I O. I have signs, but it's been 10 months no BFP, so I figured reading my body's signs wasn't enough. It sounds like I need to temp, too maybe? i was going about every 38 days from april til sept then they stopped until Jan 26th when I had a 3 days light period. My body is very confusing :/ 

cheergurl84
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM
How many days into your cycle are you? It may just be too early. If a shorter cycle is 34 days, you may just not ovulate until cycle day 20-24. It's hard to say.
FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:30 PM

I had my hormones checked, everything there is normal. I haven't requested an ultra sound yet, but my doc doesn't seem to want to do much because I still have 2 months before I hit the year mark, even though my periods are whacky.  Not sure if that's normal or if my doctor is just being lazy. 

I an iud taken out last April, and my periods were starting to even out for a second, then disappeared in sept. Sorry, I am probably repeating myself. It's just weird. Not sure if I should see a different doc or not. 

No you're not butting in! I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions! 

ALSO, so I just tested again - I've been trying to test around 2:15 since I read at 2 is usually a peak surge time - and now my line definitely looks lighter than the last test. Does that mean I missed my surge? Like maybe it happened overnight? We Bd'd every night since Sunday EXCEPT last night. DH got home late because he picked up our new dishwasher and I ended up passing out from being plain tired - it's been a long week. :/

Quoting Fairegirl33:

yeah that is very frustrating for sure... are you working with an RE ?  have you had hormonal testing done?  and can a doctor do an u/s or something to see if you are O'ing.

i know that im just butting in on all this and im sure that you have been telling the ladies all this before, so im sorry if you have :)

the irregular cycles are definetly a problem, because you are right... you could being O'ing or you could not be... and truly, you really don't know when the "norm" would be.

most times, the OPK WILL get as dark as the 1st line.   mine very rarely get DARKER but i know alot of girls says theirs do.  one time, i got all excited but it was crazy darker LOL

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Quoting cheergurl84: How many days into your cycle are you? It may just be too early. If a shorter cycle is 34 days, you may just not ovulate until cycle day 20-24. It's hard to say.

cd 32 but my cycles are really whacky. 

Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok...

yeah, 1 year is about the norm for the docs to start checking up on stuff unless you are getting up to 40 then they will start at about 6 months.

frustrating though... grrr so i guess hang in there for the next 2 months.

i would keep up with the bd and i would also try to keep on the OPKs.   i don't think you missed the surge, unless you have an incredibly short surge, because didn't you say you were testing like 4 or 5 times a day ?  LOL

i think that you just haven't O'd yet.

hang in there chick!!!

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

I had my hormones checked, everything there is normal. I haven't requested an ultra sound yet, but my doc doesn't seem to want to do much because I still have 2 months before I hit the year mark, even though my periods are whacky.  Not sure if that's normal or if my doctor is just being lazy. 

I an iud taken out last April, and my periods were starting to even out for a second, then disappeared in sept. Sorry, I am probably repeating myself. It's just weird. Not sure if I should see a different doc or not. 

No you're not butting in! I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions! 

ALSO, so I just tested again - I've been trying to test around 2:15 since I read at 2 is usually a peak surge time - and now my line definitely looks lighter than the last test. Does that mean I missed my surge? Like maybe it happened overnight? We Bd'd every night since Sunday EXCEPT last night. DH got home late because he picked up our new dishwasher and I ended up passing out from being plain tired - it's been a long week. :/

Quoting Fairegirl33:

yeah that is very frustrating for sure... are you working

Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:49 PM

also... and if there is anyways possible you can temp, id try to temp if i were you.  

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

it is possible that you're not ovulating every cycle....most ladies do have an anovulary cycle every once in a while. most don't notice because they aren't ttc

if I were you I would start testing earlier in your cycle....its possible you have a long lp (like 14+ days) which means if your LP is say...16 days long, and your cycle is 42 days... you would ovulate on day 26 (or earlier if your cycle is going to be shorter)
Your LP is usually the same length each month...give or take a day....your cycle length all depends on WHEN you ovulate...if you ovulate early you'll have a shorter cycle.....ovulate later and you'll have a looong cycle.

GOOD LUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)