Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE- Been in labor for 30 hours... UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:18 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

And things are starting to get going finally!

!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
I can't even believe I'm writing this-
So, after all that time in labor, my cervix was thinned all the way out and the head was engaged, and they gave me pitocin to regulate the contractions. They were having a hard time keeping her heartbeat on the monitor, and kept chasing her around. The last time they found it, it was up high on my belly and made them think she had flipped breech. The went in to check my cervix and she was no longer engaged-- at this point, I was convinced she'd gone breech and was devestated at the thought of a c-section.

After checking me and reporting to the doctor (who stopped the pitocin), a sonographer came in to check baby's position. We got a surprise that she was actually head down, BUT the silly girl had somehow moved herself enough to disengage and wedged herself diagonally so that she was curved into a crescent, with her shoulders and back covering my cervix and her head to the left of my opening. Wtf??? To continue the pitocin would put her in danger of becoming an emergency c-section, and natural labor wasn't going to continue since she disengaged, sooooo, after all that time and work, they actually sent me home. I'm. Still. Pregnant.

She should straighten up and fly right, it's just a matter of her own timing. They don't think it's a possibility of her turning all the way and ending up breech. I'm supposed to call my doctor on Monday and be checked to see where she's at.

I can't explain the emotional and psychological letdown. Please don't misunderstand, I would NEVER want to continue when it's not safe, never would put the baby in danger, but I was ready for her. I had already been in slow labor for over a full day. It all lined up perfectly, too, because my mom took time off to stay with my other kids, my house was spotless and all set up for the baby, my schoolwork was all caught up for me to take a little extra time to myself...and on top of all that, we were ready and WAITING to meet her. She was supposed to be here today 😪. I was totally psyched up and so excited to meet her and hold her...everyone was waiting for her. Leaving the hospital and coming home was so emotionally defeating.

I am thankful that all is well, and we will try this again soon enough. Thank you for all your positive thoughts and good wishes! I will let you all know when it's the real deal 😉
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sonylena
by Selena on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Yay! Congrats!
Spirit.Sister88
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:24 PM

WOOHOO! you look great for being in labor that long! lol

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Oh wow. I can't imagine!! Hopefully things move on along!! Been wondering about you!! Good Luck

LibraBalance
by Megan on Feb. 28, 2015 at 5:46 AM
Yay!!! You're beautiful btw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Losthope1070
by on Feb. 28, 2015 at 6:33 AM

Congrats!!!!!

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Feb. 28, 2015 at 7:16 AM
Yayyyyy
mommyof171274
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Yay baby time!
bubbles072013
by Sammi on Feb. 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Looking pretty in labor......goodluck - safe delivery 

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkellyBird
by Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 10:49 AM
Bummer dude. Come to rebels. We miss uuuuuu
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)