Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young and not pregnant yet.. 14 months TTC-- UPDATE, test results came back!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:08 PM
  • 20 Replies

Janurary of 2014 I had my implanon removed, which i had in for one year on the dot. my husband and i have been trying since janurary of last year. and still havent had any luck! i have cut caffine out of my diet for the most part i might have one 12 oz coke or coffe a day. thats it. I am 19 and my husband is 22. He does smoke, but so does alot of my cousins and uncles, and they were capable of producing a child. I went to the OB monday to have blood work done, and i havent heard back from them .

Can anyone give me advice on what to do?? We tried to stop trying to try thing for like 4-5 months, and that still didnt help.

Do OPK really help?? Is there certian home remedies i can do? or things i should be eating?

Thanks in Advance!

I just got a call from my OB and my test results came back (basically to see if i am ovulating) and she said i was and everything looking great! they wont move forward untill the get a Sperm Anylasis ... which is going to be stressful trying to get from my husband. :/ would be alot easier if i had longer than 60 minutes to get it up there to them. Any advice on this???? i saw another OP is having the same sort of problem with her hubby!

ttc for 14 months...

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeybelle83
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Knowing when/if you're ovulating is very helpful. Temping and OPKs help with that. 

BabyTerry
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:12 PM

i use a calander , i dont temp or use OPKS. does it help your chances more when doing that?

Quoting monkeybelle83:

Knowing when/if you're ovulating is very helpful. Temping and OPKs help with that. 

hart57
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:14 PM
Are you overweight? If so losing weigh (even 10lbs) will help. I was and lost 30lbs and I got pregnant. It took us 15 months with baby #2.
BabyTerry
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:17 PM

The OB said i wasn't but im not as fit as i was, and dont consider myself overweight, or underweight.

Quoting hart57: Are you overweight? If so losing weigh (even 10lbs) will help. I was and lost 30lbs and I got pregnant. It took us 15 months with baby #2.

Niki722
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Just because other people smoke and can conceive doesn't mean it might not be an obstacle for you. I would encourage him to quit...when you do get preggo, you don't want that smoke around you anyway.

I would definitely recommend using opks...at least for a couple months just to know that you are ovulating and get a good idea of when.

monkeybelle83
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

A calendar won't tell you when you ovulate. Its a common misconception that all women ovulate on the same day. By knowing when you ovulate, and when you're most fertile you increase your chances. 

Quoting BabyTerry:

i use a calander , i dont temp or use OPKS. does it help your chances more when doing that?

Quoting monkeybelle83:

craazycuckoo
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Teenagers should not be having babies.....

BabyTerry
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

He is trying to quit, even though it is super hard for him. being a long term smoker, he had reduced his intake. and yes he will stop smoking when i become pregnant period. and thank you. i think i will start using the OPK

Quoting Niki722:

Just because other people smoke and can conceive doesn't mean it might not be an obstacle for you. I would encourage him to quit...when you do get preggo, you don't want that smoke around you anyway.

I would definitely recommend using opks...at least for a couple months just to know that you are ovulating and get a good idea of when.

BabyTerry
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:25 PM
6 moms liked this

Well considering i own my home and my vehicles, my husband and i both have full time jobs and the income to provide for a family, you are in no place to tell me what i can and cannot do, my husband and i have been married for 2 years now, and are ready to move forward in our lives.

if you do not like my post or cannot keep your negative comments to yourself, please do me a favor and do not comment at all.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

Quoting craazycuckoo:

Teenagers should not be having babies.....

Oliviasmom72
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Are your periods regular? If you have regular 28 day cycles you probably ovulate around day 14. Start keeping track of your cycle. The best chances of getting pregnant is to have sex right before you ovulate so if you do it at least every other day around ovulation time frame you should eventually get pregnant unless there is an issue. If you have endo, pcos (which almost always causes infequent periods), or he has a low sperm count it should happen. He really should stop smoking and really taper off now. Its expensive and overall a really nasty habit around babies. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)