Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If yall use opks....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM
  • 14 Replies
Stay clear from the pink handled ones like in the comments, they SUCK! They dont have a name but you can order them from ebay or amazon.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM

This is after I let it sit for a good 30 min and it still showed negative even though the $ store one immediately turned positive.
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Whats the difference between the blue and pink dyes??? Totally confused on it. I see post like yours all the time with both opks and hpts too some say blue gives false positives more then pink and vise vsa.
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither one looks positive to me. That's why I just use digital
florallove92
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:35 PM

I remember being told that the dollarstore tests are extremely sensitive. In December I think it was, I got a positive 4 days in a row.

florallove92
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Blue dye pregnancy tests can look 'positive' when they aren't, because the evap lines are blue and not grey like pink dye tests. This is a pic of my bfp on a blue dye. 

This is a blue dye evap

Quoting rachel216: Whats the difference between the blue and pink dyes??? Totally confused on it. I see post like yours all the time with both opks and hpts too some say blue gives false positives more then pink and vise vsa.

lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM
How does the top 1 not look positive? The test line is way darker than the control?? Even the box says the test line must be as dark or darker than the control.

Quoting swthugsnksses30: Neither one looks positive to me. That's why I just use digital
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Quoting florallove92:

Blue dye pregnancy tests can look 'positive' when they aren't, because the evap lines are blue and not grey like pink dye tests. This is a pic of my bfp on a blue dye. 

This is a blue dye evap

Quoting rachel216: Whats the difference between the blue and pink dyes??? Totally confused on it. I see post like yours all the time with both opks and hpts too some say blue gives false positives more then pink and vise vsa.

oh ok gotcha thanks!
lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Ive never seen a blue dye opk only hpt. Blue dye hpts are more likely to give a.colored evap lookin like a.positive test when its not.

lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM
They must be! this was an instant positive. I'm stickin with these from now on! Lol

Quoting florallove92:

I remember being told that the dollarstore tests are extremely sensitive. In December I think it was, I got a positive 4 days in a row.

swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM
I guess I just saw it the opposite way...sorry. Get to baby dancing, good luck, and baby dust.

Quoting lovinthislife08: How does the top 1 not look positive? The test line is way darker than the control?? Even the box says the test line must be as dark or darker than the control.

Quoting swthugsnksses30: Neither one looks positive to me. That's why I just use digital
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)