Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to group

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM
  • 20 Replies
Hey all. I'm new to ttc and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dee, and I'm 26. My SO is 43 and we're ttc our first child together (my 1st, his 3rd). I stopped taking my bc pills in August of last year; no luck yet. I was diagnosed with pcos at 19. I'm on prenatals, calcium plus vit. D, and fish oil. No metformin. SO just takes a multivitamin. I dont temp, but will start next cycle (today is cd21). I have regular 25-28 day cycles, so I'm hoping this will help pinpoint if and when I ovulate. Any tips would be much appreciated! 😀
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Hey im still pretty new to this group too, im rachel and im 24 SO is 26. I have 2kids SO doesnt.I just had my IUD removed 3/2. I dont temp either. i use p Tracker and Ovu tracker and i bought opks. Hope you get your BFP! Good luck
jamielynn070984
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM

the temping will definetly help pin point ovulation. you can also look in to using opk's (ovulation predictor kits). they are like hpt's but for ovulation. you can get a cheap brand off amazon called wandfo for like $10 for 50 to 100 tests. you would just dip them in multiple times a day until you get a +.  When it's +, the test line will be as dark as or darker than the control line. So pay close attention to that. just because you see a line doesn't mean it's +.

waitingonbabi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Hi Rachel. I use my fertility friend to track my cycles. I might look into opks. Thanks and good luck to you!

Quoting rachel216: Hey im still pretty new to this group too, im rachel and im 24 SO is 26. I have 2kids SO doesnt.I just had my IUD removed 3/2. I dont temp either. i use p Tracker and Ovu tracker and i bought opks. Hope you get your BFP! Good luck
waitingonbabi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll look into opks.

Quoting jamielynn070984:

the temping will definetly help pin point ovulation. you can also look in to using opk's (ovulation predictor kits). they are like hpt's but for ovulation. you can get a cheap brand off amazon called wandfo for like $10 for 50 to 100 tests. you would just dip them in multiple times a day until you get a +.  When it's +, the test line will be as dark as or darker than the control line. So pay close attention to that. just because you see a line doesn't mean it's +.

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Quoting waitingonbabi: Hi Rachel. I use my fertility friend to track my cycles. I might look into opks. Thanks and good luck to you!

Quoting rachel216: Hey im still pretty new to this group too, im rachel and im 24 SO is 26. I have 2kids SO doesnt.I just had my IUD removed 3/2. I dont temp either. i use p Tracker and Ovu tracker and i bought opks. Hope you get your BFP! Good luck
I have fertility friend too but i havent had my first period it wont let me use it lol thank you!
waitingonbabi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Hopefully your cycle will come back soon!

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting waitingonbabi: Hi Rachel. I use my fertility friend to track my cycles. I might look into opks. Thanks and good luck to you!

I have fertility friend too but i havent had my first period it wont let me use it lol thank you!
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Welcome and good luck !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatink7
by Franceska on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Hugs and baby dust. Welcome!!!
Check into fertilityfriend.Com for charting, temping, checking and learning the ropes.
I suggest making appt with ob for a preconception checkup. Get both of you fertilaid also.
Check into kissesfromabove.Com also for natural fertility remedies.
We have been TTC over 4yrs and now getting ready for IUI this cycle (cd1 today or tomorrow). We have many Children but we have had 2 losses lost 3 babies. We had to go to RE to prevent anymore losses.
waitingonbabi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Maria_Peanut: Welcome and good luck !
waitingonbabi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Thank you so much for your advice! I'm already on FF to track my cycles. I plan to start temping next cycle. I already have my bbt. PPs have mentioned opks, so I may look into them.

I am so sorry for your losses! I hope you get your bfp soon! If you don't mind me asking, do you have pcos as well? I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a potentially long journal. Good luck this cycle! Baby dust to you! 😀

Quoting mamatink7: Hugs and baby dust. Welcome!!!
Check into fertilityfriend.Com for charting, temping, checking and learning the ropes.
I suggest making appt with ob for a preconception checkup. Get both of you fertilaid also.
Check into kissesfromabove.Com also for natural fertility remedies.
We have been TTC over 4yrs and now getting ready for IUI this cycle (cd1 today or tomorrow). We have many Children but we have had 2 losses lost 3 babies. We had to go to RE to prevent anymore losses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)