Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about O tests. TMI. update 3/17

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Jen
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I have a question. You'd think I would know all this by now. lol. First of all we FINALLY had sex last night for the first time in over a month and it was absolutely amazing....six times last night and twice this morning. You'd think we had been sex deprived for years. LOL.

Anyway.... Yesterday afternoon I took an opk and it was absolutely negative. I could see the test line if I squinted... that's how faint it was. Then just now I took another and while still bfn there is a definite line.

So my question is... Does this mean my lh is rising and I'm getting closer to O? Or is it just like a random thing and it could be stark white again tomorrow?

We didn't use anything last night or this morning because last night I was still bleeding a little and the opk was bfn so I figured I was nowhere close to O. This morning I've just had a tiny bit of light pink spotting so it seems like I might finally be done bleeding.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Bump
tuckermum
by Crysta on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Bump I am no help with opks
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Thanks. This group seems slow today.

Quoting tuckermum: Bump I am no help with opks
mamatink7
by Franceska on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
You are funny my friend!! I believe you are getting closer to O now with what you mentioned. He needs to break you in again ;) at least sounds like you are definitely done bleeding.
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM
My 4 oldest kids spent the night at my moms house last night. So we just had our 21 month old and 9 month old twins.... they're all in bed by 8 so we had plenty of time to have fun. This morning when I picked the kids up my mom said "Did you guys enjoy your night?" Ummmm yes... Yes we did! lol.

Honestly I know we need to wait but if we slip (like we might have already) I would be more than happy to get a bfp. Scared, yes.... But happy.

Quoting mamatink7: You are funny my friend!! I believe you are getting closer to O now with what you mentioned. He needs to break you in again ;) at least sounds like you are definitely done bleeding.
mamatink7
by Franceska on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:15 PM
How amazing !!! I'd be afraid if it happened so soon but would feel same as you. It's not you who decides if babies come right now or not we have to think like that. What does he think?
Dh is sooo excited about IUI coming soon. I am beyond excitement of course lol

Quoting Mom2five87: My 4 oldest kids spent the night at my moms house last night. So we just had our 21 month old and 9 month old twins.... they're all in bed by 8 so we had plenty of time to have fun. This morning when I picked the kids up my mom said "Did you guys enjoy your night?" Ummmm yes... Yes we did! lol.

Honestly I know we need to wait but if we slip (like we might have already) I would be more than happy to get a bfp. Scared, yes.... But happy.

Quoting mamatink7: You are funny my friend!! I believe you are getting closer to O now with what you mentioned. He needs to break you in again ;) at least sounds like you are definitely done bleeding.
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM
He is excited but of course he is a little nervous too. We both want to wait another cycle or two, ideally. But if it happens sooner we will be happy. GL with your IUI :)

Quoting mamatink7: How amazing !!! I'd be afraid if it happened so soon but would feel same as you. It's not you who decides if babies come right now or not we have to think like that. What does he think?
Dh is sooo excited about IUI coming soon. I am beyond excitement of course lol

Quoting Mom2five87: My 4 oldest kids spent the night at my moms house last night. So we just had our 21 month old and 9 month old twins.... they're all in bed by 8 so we had plenty of time to have fun. This morning when I picked the kids up my mom said "Did you guys enjoy your night?" Ummmm yes... Yes we did! lol.

Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Wow!! I just love how much you and your DH are into each other. Me and my DH love being intimate and we have a lot of sex but you've got me beat lol good for you girl!

Anyway, in my experience OPK do get progressively darker as O approaches so I would test twice a day now so you don't miss your surge. Also I ovulated early the cycle after my MC in May last year, I O'd on CD9 and I was still spotting with EWCM mixed in so you could be gearing up and still bleeding a little and it shouldn't effect your chances.
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. He would do it 24/7 if we could. And my sex drive has increased a ton since I completely stopped using hormonal bc. That stuff is horrible. Right now I'm having ewcm tinged with a very little bit if pink/light red. Pretty much what u described.

Quoting Lollypeg9896: Wow!! I just love how much you and your DH are into each other. Me and my DH love being intimate and we have a lot of sex but you've got me beat lol good for you girl!

Anyway, in my experience OPK do get progressively darker as O approaches so I would test twice a day now so you don't miss your surge. Also I ovulated early the cycle after my MC in May last year, I O'd on CD9 and I was still spotting with EWCM mixed in so you could be gearing up and still bleeding a little and it shouldn't effect your chances.
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM
I think my DH would too lol

Sounds like your gearing up to ovulate then. I'm not going to give you any tips because you've got this covered! Good luck and FX for you hun. I'm in my TWW so hopefully you're not far behind and we will be in the same DDG. :)

Quoting Mom2five87: Lol. He would do it 24/7 if we could. And my sex drive has increased a ton since I completely stopped using hormonal bc. That stuff is horrible. Right now I'm having ewcm tinged with a very little bit if pink/light red. Pretty much what u described.

Quoting Lollypeg9896: Wow!! I just love how much you and your DH are into each other. Me and my DH love being intimate and we have a lot of sex but you've got me beat lol good for you girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)