Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another update- Ovulation

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

So for those who didnt see my post Friday, I had my 12 day scan done and only had one egg. It was only at 11mm so she said she wanted me to come back Tuesday. But in the meantime she wanted me to take OPKs just in case. Well yesterdays OPK was positive so I called them and they called this morning and said they wanted me in first thing. I went in and had another scan. She said the follicle isnt measuring much bigger. So that means either I ovulated last night or I need an extra push to get the egg to grow. They had already thawed the sperm and just in case I did ovulate she did an IUI today. She also had blood drawn to check and see if I ovulated. So tomorrow she will call with those results. Hopefully fingers crossed, that I did ovulate and we got the IUI done in time. She said if it shows I havent ovulated she wants me to take a couple days worth of Femara to give the follicles an extra boost. Gosh this cycle is so draining and I havent even entered the 2ww yet.

***UPDATE 4/6/15***

Blood work came back as I have not yet ovulated. So she wants me to take 3 days more of Clomid 100 mg to try and give my follies an extra push. Then I go back Thursday to check again and hopefully trigger. 

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:14 PM
Geez. That's always a drag. I will say I had a cycle just like that. I didn't ovulate until CD22!!! And that was my BFP cycle :).

Good luck!!!
bem8489
by Brandy on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Were you on meds as well?? I know when I would actually ovulate on my own I normally wouldnt O until cd 21, and I had 35 day cycles. Last cycle was my first on clomid and I had 2 eggs ready on CD12. So it is just frustrating that this cycle the eggs are taking longer.

Quoting corrinacs: Geez. That's always a drag. I will say I had a cycle just like that. I didn't ovulate until CD22!!! And that was my BFP cycle :). Good luck!!!

LibraBalance
by Megan on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:51 PM
I don't know much about IUI etc but how will the blood test confirm O so soon afterwards? I got a blood test at 1dpo and it said i didn't O when I clearly did. My blood test at 7dpo confirmed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bem8489
by Brandy on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM

She really didnt go into detail. She just said that blood work would give us the answer, I am sure there is some kind of test that can be done. I doubt she would have me have it done otherwise.

Quoting LibraBalance: I don't know much about IUI etc but how will the blood test confirm O so soon afterwards? I got a blood test at 1dpo and it said i didn't O when I clearly did. My blood test at 7dpo confirmed it.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Yes, that was on meds. I normally O CD14ish. While on Clomid and injectibles, I didn't ovulate until after Cd20!!

Quoting bem8489:

Were you on meds as well?? I know when I would actually ovulate on my own I normally wouldnt O until cd 21, and I had 35 day cycles. Last cycle was my first on clomid and I had 2 eggs ready on CD12. So it is just frustrating that this cycle the eggs are taking longer.

Quoting corrinacs: Geez. That's always a drag. I will say I had a cycle just like that. I didn't ovulate until CD22!!! And that was my BFP cycle :).

Good luck!!!

mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM
Fx IUI caught that egg!
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers
jerimeshia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:38 PM
That sucks not knowing. Why didn't she do a trigger shot for you to make sure that you ovulated? That way in case you didn't, your IUI wouldn't have been in vain. But FX and lots of baby dust. Keep us posted
bem8489
by Brandy on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM

She didnt want to trigger because if I havent ovulated yet the follicle is still too small. Its only a 12 and she wants it to be an 18 at least. That is why if I havent ovulated yet she wants me to take a few more days of the meds to help boost the folicle size.

Quoting jerimeshia: That sucks not knowing. Why didn't she do a trigger shot for you to make sure that you ovulated? That way in case you didn't, your IUI wouldn't have been in vain. But FX and lots of baby dust. Keep us posted

jerimeshia
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Oooooo i see. I had to do a 2nd round of clomid once and turned out with waaaaaaaay to many good eggs. I decided to skip that cycle because my doctor said we were going to end up with multiples and said we were probably gonna have to do processes of elimination 😨😨😨

Quoting bem8489:

She didnt want to trigger because if I havent ovulated yet the follicle is still too small. Its only a 12 and she wants it to be an 18 at least. That is why if I havent ovulated yet she wants me to take a few more days of the meds to help boost the folicle size.

Quoting jerimeshia: That sucks not knowing. Why didn't she do a trigger shot for you to make sure that you ovulated? That way in case you didn't, your IUI wouldn't have been in vain. But FX and lots of baby dust. Keep us posted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)