Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC. Ovulation. Breastfeeding.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm just curious if anyone in here is breastfeeding? Are you charting your ovulation?
Or anyone who conceived while breastfeeding? Where you successful at charting your ovulation?

My nursling is 3 years old now, so she only nurses once or twice a day. Could this still effect my ability to predict ovulation?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM
The biggest thing - have you gotten your cycles back. A period is the best confirmation that you are ovulating :)

If your cycles are regular, even better!! The prolactin could effect your temps, but if you are breast feeding daily, the chart should still resemble the same.

Good luck!!
Mrseoc
by Allie on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Thank you. And yeah I got my period back when she was 15 months. I wasn't sure if having a regular period still meant I was ovulating at the same time each month. I know that's normally the case when not lactating.
mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM
I had that issue when I was nusing and ttc, my ob said even though I had started bleeding again; I had gotten ovulation back to cycling so couldn't get preggers while nursing so much.
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:50 PM
NP :). Periods are the result of ovulation. If you have period, you ovulated :)

Quoting Mrseoc: Thank you. And yeah I got my period back when she was 15 months. I wasn't sure if having a regular period still meant I was ovulating at the same time each month. I know that's normally the case when not lactating.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:14 PM
I have a two year old who nurses twice a day I got my pp af at 18 months. I temp and chart and am ovulating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)