Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im back :) and depo provera question

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hi! Cafemom ttc groups helped me conceive my 9 and 5 year old and i am now ttc again. I was on depo provera for 9 months and didnt go to my appointment to get the shot again last month. I started my period march 13th and had some brownish discharge about a week ago. Could i be prego? I heard it takes a long time to get pregnant after depo, but my cycle came back normally almost immediately? What are your experiences with pregnancy after depo?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:48 PM
I don't know if my case was rate, but I didn't get my period for 18 months after one shot

After that, my periods were regular, bit took me ages to get pregnant with second son. Ended up doing injectibles with iui.

Good luck!!!
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Its possible but id say its unlikely..id say wait a could od weeks and then test if you dont have a period this month
CrewsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Thanks! I was thinking it is probably too early. :(
katie23VA
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM
How do you know your cycle is normal if you've only had one period? I had about 9 months of irregular bleeding, followed by two normal periods, before I got pregnant. It's possible to conceive quickly, but highly unlikely. I think the average is 9-15 months from your last shot.
CrewsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:47 PM
I just feel like its normal because i never had any periods while i was on the shot. As soon as i stopped it came back. I could be wrong. It takes a long time for me to conceive anyway...so it will probably be at least a year. Thats why my kids are so far apart in age.

Quoting katie23VA: How do you know your cycle is normal if you've only had one period? I had about 9 months of irregular bleeding, followed by two normal periods, before I got pregnant. It's possible to conceive quickly, but highly unlikely. I think the average is 9-15 months from your last shot.
katie23VA
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:53 PM
My kids are 9 and 5 as well, and I'm 23 weeks pregnant. The spacing is more for financial reasons for me, but I do wish they could be closer in age. Do you have a girl and a boy? My 9 year old is a girl and my 5 year old a boy. I never had any bleeding on the shot, but it did take a month or so for the irregular bleeding to start after stopping.

Quoting CrewsMaMa: I just feel like its normal because i never had any periods while i was on the shot. As soon as i stopped it came back. I could be wrong. It takes a long time for me to conceive anyway...so it will probably be at least a year. Thats why my kids are so far apart in age.

Quoting katie23VA: How do you know your cycle is normal if you've only had one period? I had about 9 months of irregular bleeding, followed by two normal periods, before I got pregnant. It's possible to conceive quickly, but highly unlikely. I think the average is 9-15 months from your last shot.
CrewsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM
Hi! My kids are both boys. Im not trying for a girl...i just want a healthy pregnancy and baby. How long did it take you to get prego after stopping the shot? Congrats on the new baby!

Quoting katie23VA: My kids are 9 and 5 as well, and I'm 23 weeks pregnant. The spacing is more for financial reasons for me, but I do wish they could be closer in age. Do you have a girl and a boy? My 9 year old is a girl and my 5 year old a boy. I never had any bleeding on the shot, but it did take a month or so for the irregular bleeding to start after stopping.

Quoting CrewsMaMa: I just feel like its normal because i never had any periods while i was on the shot. As soon as i stopped it came back. I could be wrong. It takes a long time for me to conceive anyway...so it will probably be at least a year. Thats why my kids are so far apart in age.

LaMamiDeJase
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:51 AM
I went through something similar, but I bleed for a couple of months. I thought it was over, then a couple days later it came back again. I got pregnant 9 months after my last injection with the help of preseed. Before using preseed, we ttc for 3 months and no luck. And I've never had the problem before, my other kids are 19 months apart.
katie23VA
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM
I got my last shot in September of 2013, and got pregnant in November of 2014, so I took 11 months after the shot wore off. We were having unprotected sex the whole time. I've heard of women getting pregnant very soon after depo, but a lot of them end up miscarrying. I think our bodies need time to get back on track, and its frustrating, because usually when you stop bc, it's because you want to get pregnant right away.

Quoting CrewsMaMa: Hi! My kids are both boys. Im not trying for a girl...i just want a healthy pregnancy and baby. How long did it take you to get prego after stopping the shot? Congrats on the new baby!

Quoting katie23VA: My kids are 9 and 5 as well, and I'm 23 weeks pregnant. The spacing is more for financial reasons for me, but I do wish they could be closer in age. Do you have a girl and a boy? My 9 year old is a girl and my 5 year old a boy. I never had any bleeding on the shot, but it did take a month or so for the irregular bleeding to start after stopping.

Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 6, 2015 at 9:18 AM
It took me 12 cycles to get pregnant after depo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)