Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and BV...?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Jen
  • 21 Replies

So I am annoyed right now... because I am entering my fertile week (no, I didn't O early!) and today I just found out I have BV. So I'm wondering if this can lower my chances of conceiving. Anyone know? I *think* I found out I had BV right before I got pregnant with Ethan but that was almost 3 years ago and I can't remember for sure.

I'm about to go to GNC and get some Women's Ultimate Flora Probiotic. The reviews on it are awesome so I'm confident that will clear it up... but idk if it'll be in time for O day! Jeez... it's always something...

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry I have no clue... I hope it does not interfere with o though.. Fx'd for you.

LibraBalance
by Megan on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:04 PM
I would think the only negative impact would be sex being uncomfortable. I've never had it, but I've had a yeast infection more times than I'd like to count and I couldn't imagine BDing during it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM
I'm actually not having any discomfort from it. They took a swab just to make sure and whatta Ya know... lol

Quoting LibraBalance: I would think the only negative impact would be sex being uncomfortable. I've never had it, but I've had a yeast infection more times than I'd like to count and I couldn't imagine BDing during it.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:24 PM
I may sound stupid but what is BV?
swthugsnksses30
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:34 PM
Is it provide bacterial vaginosis (spelling?) I'd think it may cause a hostile environment for sperm.
Heart4family
by Irene on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Unfortantly BV can kill off the sperm. Keeping my fingers crossed its gone before you O!!

fingers crossed

Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Lol ... Not stupid. I use abbreviations too much it is bacterial vaginosis. Basically an imbalance between the good and bad bacteria that are naturally in the vagina. I'm pretty sure too much sex is what did it. The semen can throw off your ph balance.

Quoting tuckermum: I may sound stupid but what is BV?
Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Yep that's it :/

Quoting swthugsnksses30: Is it provide bacterial vaginosis (spelling?) I'd think it may cause a hostile environment for sperm.
Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM
I'm starting the probiotics tonight and I *should* O in 7-9 days so hopefully it'll go away before then!

Quoting Heart4family:

Unfortantly BV can kill off the sperm. Keeping my fingers crossed its gone before you O!!

fingers crossed

tuckermum
by Crysta on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh dang. I never new that. Ive heard of it but I didn't know that could cause it.

Quoting Mom2five87: Lol ... Not stupid. I use abbreviations too much it is bacterial vaginosis. Basically an imbalance between the good and bad bacteria that are naturally in the vagina. I'm pretty sure too much sex is what did it. The semen can throw off your ph balance.

Quoting tuckermum: I may sound stupid but what is BV?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)