• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCOS Newbie

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM
  • 20 Replies
I just found out today that I have PCOS which is why I am having a hard time conceiving. I had a feeling it was PCOS due to the research I've done and having every symptom, but today it was confirmed. I want to honestly bawl over it bc I hate that it's so difficult for me to get pregnant. If anyone can ease my mind or have any positive uplifting things they could say or advise, feel free. I'm really just lost on what to do from this point forward. 😨
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:41 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling down. I too have PCOS, and it sucks. It sucks, BUT it doesn't make anything impossible. The wait will all be worth it in the end. <3

Are you insulin resistant? Did they put you on metformin?
florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 1:58 PM

I am sorry! I have PCOS too. You just have to figure out what treatment plan works best for you. 

What did your dr say about it? Did they speak with you about treatment?

When I found out last April, I found out that my hormones are out of wack but I have no cysts. I was put on Metformin to regulate my testosterone and I was pregnant the first month :) (After 2 years ttc)

Blonde_Smom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Aww sweetie that's great!!! Thank you for the encouragement and positive light! That gives me some relief. Dr. Said it's definitely not impossible, just is a little harder to conceive. I had bloodwork done today, trying to confirm what she already knows, it's PCOS and Pretty obvious too. I've had a hunch for awhile but avoided the doctor bc I was scared.
After blood work comes back, we'll discuss treatment options. I have horrible hormonal issues as it is, so I hope Whatever we try works. Thank you so much for replying!!! I only hope I'm as lucky as you within couple months. I am still new to it so am still trying to understand it better and inform myself. Any advice is appreciated.

Quoting florallove92:

I am sorry! I have PCOS too. You just have to figure out what treatment plan works best for you. What did your dr say about it? Did they speak with you about treatment?When I found out last April, I found out that my hormones are out of wack but I have no cysts. I was put on Metformin to regulate my testosterone and I was pregnant the first month :) (After 2 years ttc)

Blonde_Smom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Aww I'm Sorry to hear you do as well. I had blood work done today so still waiting on results as far as insulin resistance etc. Had hormonal balances checked too to kinda confirm what doc is certain of. Once I get results, we'll discuss meds and treatment. Thank you for replying

Quoting fitcoachtiff: I'm sorry you're feeling down. I too have PCOS, and it sucks. It sucks, BUT it doesn't make anything impossible. The wait will all be worth it in the end. <3

Are you insulin resistant? Did they put you on metformin?
Pukity
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have PCOS too, found out in september last year, I was put on BC  to regulate hormones for 2 months plus metformin and then from the 3rd month on I was suppose to use Clomid to stimuate ovaries since I wasn´t ovulating on my own.

I didn´t use clomid on the 3rd month since I wanted to loose more weight so I used it March and that first cyclle got my BFP, I´m 5w3d today.

it´s harder but not impossible.

Blonde_Smom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Congrats!!! What is bfp?

Quoting Pukity:

I have PCOS too, found out in september last year, I was put on BC  to regulate hormones for 2 months plus metformin and then from the 3rd month on I was suppose to use Clomid to stimuate ovaries since I wasn´t ovulating on my own.

I didn´t use clomid on the 3rd month since I wanted to loose more weight so I used it March and that first cyclle got my BFP, I´m 5w3d today.

ashlyn87
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I was kind of in the same boat as you. I was pretty certain I had pcos, pretty much since I was 16 (27 now) but it was only confirmed February of last year. I had an ultrasound done and I have 50ish cysts on my ovaries. I was crushed, especially when I was told it would be harder to conceive. I balled like a baby. I convinced myself id never have kids. I was on birth control to regulate my cycles.

I was pretty shocked when I got pregnant the first month we started trying. Im now 33weeks. Dont lose hope!!!
florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I was the exact same way with knowing it was PCOS but completely avoided it. I didn't want that confirmation! I did end up losing the pregnancy, but I had completely pep talked myself into thinking it would not ever happen! (pregnancy)

In the mean time, there are a lot of great PCOS facebook groups and online groups in general :) A lot of ladies say low carb (or even the diabetic diet) helps them with the weight loss (if you have that problem), regular exercise, counting calories, etc.

There are also a lot of great ladies here who will have lots of advice!! 

Quoting Blonde_Smom: Aww sweetie that's great!!! Thank you for the encouragement and positive light! That gives me some relief. Dr. Said it's definitely not impossible, just is a little harder to conceive. I had bloodwork done today, trying to confirm what she already knows, it's PCOS and Pretty obvious too. I've had a hunch for awhile but avoided the doctor bc I was scared. After blood work comes back, we'll discuss treatment options. I have horrible hormonal issues as it is, so I hope Whatever we try works. Thank you so much for replying!!! I only hope I'm as lucky as you within couple months. I am still new to it so am still trying to understand it better and inform myself. Any advice is appreciated.
Quoting florallove92:

I am sorry! I have PCOS too. You just have to figure out what treatment plan works best for you. What did your dr say about it? Did they speak with you about treatment?When I found out last April, I found out that my hormones are out of wack but I have no cysts. I was put on Metformin to regulate my testosterone and I was pregnant the first month :) (After 2 years ttc)

Pukity
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:56 PM

ohh that's the lingo for Big FAt Positive = + pregnancy test

:)

Quoting Blonde_Smom: Congrats!!! What is bfp?
Quoting Pukity:

Blonde_Smom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Oh no, so you miscarried? I'm terrified of that and getting my hopes up.

Quoting florallove92:

I was the exact same way with knowing it was PCOS but completely avoided it. I didn't want that confirmation! I did end up losing the pregnancy, but I had completely pep talked myself into thinking it would not ever happen! (pregnancy)

In the mean time, there are a lot of great PCOS facebook groups and online groups in general :) A lot of ladies say low carb (or even the diabetic diet) helps them with the weight loss (if you have that problem), regular exercise, counting calories, etc.There are also a lot of great ladies here who will have lots of advice!!  

Quoting Blonde_Smom: Aww sweetie that's great!!! Thank you for the encouragement and positive light! That gives me some relief. Dr. Said it's definitely not impossible, just is a little harder to conceive. I had bloodwork done today, trying to confirm what she already knows, it's PCOS and Pretty obvious too. I've had a hunch for awhile but avoided the doctor bc I was scared.
After blood work comes back, we'll discuss treatment options. I have horrible hormonal issues as it is, so I hope Whatever we try works. Thank you so much for replying!!! I only hope I'm as lucky as you within couple months. I am still new to it so am still trying to understand it better and inform myself. Any advice is appreciated.

Quoting florallove92:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)