Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little confused...help???...

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I have been on provera to start my period I took last pill on Saturday (10pills) still haven't started but it normally takes a week for me to start after last pill so it could still start this week but I also been tracking cervix position and its been high,closed and firm....if I'm about to start shouldn't it be low and open??...I have took hpts to make sure I was pregnant before I started the provera but I just been feeling off lately and it might just be the provera or something...so I guess what should ur cervix feel like before period ??
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:56 PM
BUMP
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:18 PM

HEY!!  Have you tested lately?  If it is positive, you go back on that Provera immediately!!!!!

Beyond that, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have started yet.  It took me 3 days after finishing the medication to start my period.  Perhaps the dose wasn't enough for you.

Either way, good luck to you :)!!!

mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Well I tested today and it was negative but I just started my period like 20 minutes ago lol... I could feel it lately but wasn't sure well now I am...but I go for blood woek on day three and rhen take clomid 100mg CD 5-9 and then CD 10-14 I take estradiol then CD 13-14 ultrasound to check follice count and CD 10-18 sex every other day then CD 19 Prometrium until either I get a positive and then I take that thru first trimester or until I get a negative and then I stop it and start with provera again to start next cycle....and I'm also taking prenatals and metformin ER 750mg twice a day all way thru pregnancy if it happens of not still keep taking that...but I just started so now have call and make an appt for either Thursday or Friday...and get this cycle started...YAY!!!!!!

Quoting corrinacs:

HEY!!  Have you tested lately?  If it is positive, you go back on that Provera immediately!!!!!

Beyond that, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have started yet.  It took me 3 days after finishing the medication to start my period.  Perhaps the dose wasn't enough for you.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Geez, you've got it all spelled out :) :).

Good luck and I hope that this results in a positive test for you :).

I'll be joining you with teh CLomid this cycle (50mg CD 5-9).  Then, as soon as ovulation has been confirmed (pos OPK or 3 days of elevated temps) I'll start Prometrium.  She wants me to come in 7DPO for progesterone check just to be sure those levels are fine.  

With the Prometrium, but absoultely 100% positively sure you have ovulated :).  You might already know that.  Why do you also have Provera?  By stopping the Prometrium, you should get your period, you shoudln't have to take more meds (unless you had trouble with that in the past).

Good luck :)

Quoting mommyyates: Well I tested today and it was negative but I just started my period like 20 minutes ago lol... I could feel it lately but wasn't sure well now I am...but I go for blood woek on day three and rhen take clomid 100mg CD 5-9 and then CD 10-14 I take estradiol then CD 13-14 ultrasound to check follice count and CD 10-18 sex every other day then CD 19 Prometrium until either I get a positive and then I take that thru first trimester or until I get a negative and then I stop it and start with provera again to start next cycle....and I'm also taking prenatals and metformin ER 750mg twice a day all way thru pregnancy if it happens of not still keep taking that...but I just started so now have call and make an appt for either Thursday or Friday...and get this cycle started...YAY!!!!!!

Quoting corrinacs:

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Yeah I tried clomid 50mg last cycle and nothing so she up the doseage and yeah I'm suppose to OPK to and go in to see about ovulation on CD 13-14 and then go back in for progesterone also sometime in between there and idk if she will keep me on provera then I didn't have prometrium last cycle so had to take it to start this one since hadn't had a period since March and wasn't pregnant so hopefully this will work

Quoting corrinacs:

I'll be joining you with teh CLomid this cycle (50mg CD 5-9).  Then, as soon as ovulation has been confirmed (pos OPK or 3 days of elevated temps) I'll start Prometrium.  She wants me to come in 7DPO for progesterone check just to be sure those levels are fine.  

With the Prometrium, but absoultely 100% positively sure you have ovulated :).  You might already know that.  Why do you also have Provera?  By stopping the Prometrium, you should get your period, you shoudln't have to take more meds (unless you had trouble with that in the past).

Quoting mommyyates: Well I tested today and it was negative but I just started my period like 20 minutes ago lol... I could feel it lately but wasn't sure well now I am...but I go for blood woek on day three and rhen take clomid 100mg CD 5-9 and then CD 10-14 I take estradiol then CD 13-14 ultrasound to check follice count and CD 10-18 sex every other day then CD 19 Prometrium until either I get a positive and then I take that thru first trimester or until I get a negative and then I stop it and start with provera again to start next cycle....and I'm also taking prenatals and metformin ER 750mg twice a day all way thru pregnancy if it happens of not still keep taking that...but I just started so now have call and make an appt for either Thursday or Friday...and get this cycle started...YAY!!!!!!

Quoting corrinacs:

mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Good luck to you also with the clomid this cycle and you get your bfp also...lots of baby dust your way!!!!

What CD you on??

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting corrinacs:

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM

That makes more sense.  I know that I ovulate late on Clomid (CD18 or so) so keep that in mind :). 

Quoting mommyyates: Yeah I tried clomid 50mg last cycle and nothing so she up the doseage and yeah I'm suppose to OPK to and go in to see about ovulation on CD 13-14 and then go back in for progesterone also sometime in between there and idk if she will keep me on provera then I didn't have prometrium last cycle so had to take it to start this one since hadn't had a period since March and wasn't pregnant so hopefully this will work
Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting corrinacs:

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Thank you :).  Clomid didn't work for me last time, so we will see how this goes.

I'm actually about 5dpo at the moment on a "rest" cycle since my fiance is 3000 miles away right now :(.  So, there's a slim chance we got a BFP this time around.  We will see what happens next time.

Quoting mommyyates: Good luck to you also with the clomid this cycle and you get your bfp also...lots of baby dust your way!!!! What CD you on??
Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting corrinacs:

mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Oh wow well maybe you will get it this cycle a anyways buy if not good luck next cycle...and yeah I've been told u can ovulate late on it and thanks

Quoting corrinacs:

Thank you :).  Clomid didn't work for me last time, so we will see how this goes.

I'm actually about 5dpo at the moment on a "rest" cycle since my fiance is 3000 miles away right now :(.  So, there's a slim chance we got a BFP this time around.  We will see what happens next time.

Quoting mommyyates: Good luck to you also with the clomid this cycle and you get your bfp also...lots of baby dust your way!!!!

What CD you on??

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting corrinacs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)