• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

X ray

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

Would you go for an X RAY during your tww? I have to get a back/eft hip one done but totally forgot that it will be done before I get AF again. Hmmm!

by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.  And chances are, the techs will ask you if there's any chance you could be pregnant.  I'd reschedule that appointment if you can until you know for sure you aren't pregant.

Good luck :)

LibraBalance
by Megan on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Yes, I would. Unless it's something that can be put off for 9. Months if you get a bfp It's better to do it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Im leaning towards the same thing I think. Thank you!

Thankfully it is on a walk-in basis and the follow up with my dr isn't until a month from now, so I have a bit of time to wait since an XRAY doesn't take hardly anytime to come back anyway lol Geeze! The things we have to think about, lol.

Quoting corrinacs:

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.  And chances are, the techs will ask you if there's any chance you could be pregnant.  I'd reschedule that appointment if you can until you know for sure you aren't pregant.

florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM

My Dr wants to see if he can confirm sciatica, I am so on the fence because I know if it is that it will just get worse with pregnancy

Quoting LibraBalance: Yes, I would. Unless it's something that can be put off for 9. Months if you get a bfp It's better to do it now.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, Sciatica!!!!!  Poor you!  I had that so terribly bad while pregnant with my second son, it was the worst thing I've ever experienced!!!!

Why do they want to do an xray?  If it is sciatica, the biggest thing that helped was yoga and physical therapy.  I had to strengthen my pelvic floor and hips to hold my body properly.  Over time, it got better and better.  I also found sleeping on my back to be the best.  Sadly, near the end of my pregnancy, couldn't do that as it stopped bloodflow to the baby.

Quoting florallove92:

I'm leaning towards the same thing I think. Thank you! Thankfully it is on a walk-in basis and the follow up with my dr isn't until a month from now, so I have a bit of time to wait since an XRAY doesn't take hardly anytime to come back anyway lol 

Quoting corrinacs:

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Since the pain is mainly in the side and top of my leg opposed to down the back, (and in my lower left back itself) he said he wasn't able to say it is 100% sciatica and wants to see if he can confirm it or find another cause

Did you have it before and after pregnancy too? Whatever the pain is I find it can come and go, I try to sleep with a pillow between my knees to take the pressure off. Ahhh it is a real nuisance!! 

Quoting corrinacs:

Oh, Sciatica!!!!!  Poor you!  I had that so terribly bad while pregnant with my second son, it was the worst thing I've ever experienced!!!!

Why do they want to do an xray?  If it is sciatica, the biggest thing that helped was yoga and physical therapy.  I had to strengthen my pelvic floor and hips to hold my body properly.  Over time, it got better and better.  I also found sleeping on my back to be the best.  Sadly, near the end of my pregnancy, couldn't do that as it stopped bloodflow to the baby.

Quoting florallove92:

I'm leaning towards the same thing I think. Thank you! Thankfully it is on a walk-in basis and the follow up with my dr isn't until a month from now, so I have a bit of time to wait since an XRAY doesn't take hardly anytime to come back anyway lol 

Quoting corrinacs:

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Just by your pillow reference, yep.......that sounds just like it!  It was excactly the same for me. Shooting pain that started in my hip all the way down my leg!!  It was terrible!!!

I had it a little beforehand, mailny when I slept on bad matresses.  But, with my pregnancy, didn't matter what I slept on LOL

Quoting florallove92:

Since the pain is mainly in the side and top of my leg opposed to down the back, (and in my lower left back itself) he said he wasn't able to say it is 100% sciatica and wants to see if he can confirm it or find another causeDid you have it before and after pregnancy too? Whatever the pain is I find it can come and go, I try to sleep with a pillow between my knees to take the pressure off. Ahhh it is a real nuisance!! 

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting florallove92:

Quoting corrinacs:

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

florallove92
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I kind of had a feeling before he even mentioned it, I agree! It is the most undescribable pain too, like a burning, nawing, ache! Ugh!! lol

I am glad to hear that it isn't something constant for you! But I couldn't even imagine how it would be during pregnancy. 

Quoting corrinacs:

Just by your pillow reference, yep.......that sounds just like it!  It was excactly the same for me. Shooting pain that started in my hip all the way down my leg!!  It was terrible!!!

I had it a little beforehand, mailny when I slept on bad matresses.  But, with my pregnancy, didn't matter what I slept on LOL

Quoting florallove92:

Since the pain is mainly in the side and top of my leg opposed to down the back, (and in my lower left back itself) he said he wasn't able to say it is 100% sciatica and wants to see if he can confirm it or find another causeDid you have it before and after pregnancy too? Whatever the pain is I find it can come and go, I try to sleep with a pillow between my knees to take the pressure off. Ahhh it is a real nuisance!! 

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting florallove92:

Quoting corrinacs:

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2015 at 5:41 PM
It was obnoxious. I hope you find relief soon!!!

Quoting florallove92:

I kind of had a feeling before he even mentioned it, I agree! It is the most undescribable pain too, like a burning, nawing, ache! Ugh!! lolI am glad to hear that it isn't something constant for you! But I couldn't even imagine how it would be during pregnancy. 

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting florallove92:

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting florallove92:

Quoting corrinacs:

rainbowM0Mof2
by Ashley on May. 6, 2015 at 6:58 PM
I had an xr and a negative blood hcg just before I got my bfp this go round.

Quoting LibraBalance: Yes, I would. Unless it's something that can be put off for 9. Months if you get a bfp It's better to do it now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)