Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bloodwork Update

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
4 moms liked this

Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back!!!!  Took a few days to get the bloodwork back.  Not only that, I went for a follow-up visit to the doctor.

My TSH, LH and FSH levels are beautiful.  They just happened to take them during my peak, and she said they were the most beautiful peak numbers she's ever seen.  Too bad my fiance was in England away from me during my "beautiful peak numbers" cycle.  I did ovulate early, which means we last had sex 4 days before I ovulated.......I doubt we made it.  My AMH levels aren't back yet, but she predicts they will be withing normal range.

Next up: she wants me to come in to do a progesterone check.  She prescribed Prometrium just in case.  She also prescribed me for Clomid.  I don't know how I feel about that yet considering my uterine lining suffered the last time I took it.  I figure, if my period is super light after my first cycle iwth it, then I'll discontinue using it.

Even she can't find a reason why I'm having a hard time getting pregnant.  Seems to be the same as last time - unexplained infertility.  She said after 3 months, she's just going to send me off to the RE.

Which means, I'll have ot wait to try until I'm living in the UK fully (if the visa goes through).  That's about September time frame.

But, I'm also planning my wedding o-o.  FIance said he wouldn't care at all if I were pregnant at our wedding, but that having a child with me means a lot to him, and it's something he really wants to actively do as soon as we can. 

I did give him the warnings about Clomid - 1. I'll be a raging lunatic.  2. I'll feel ill a lot and 3. Twins.......

He said he'd cuddle me, hold my hair back and twins :).

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kachetes
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:04 PM
Good luck and congrats on you getting married soon! Hopefully it all turns out as you want it to :)
AleynazMom
by Katie 😊 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Good luck to you! And what a sweet SO!! He's a keeper!!
fitcoachtiff
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
. <3 aweeeee. What a sweetie!
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Thank you :).  Sadly, he's not being a "sweetie" right now.  He's upset since he can't talk to me much (he's in England, I'm in US).  He flies in on the 23rd!!!!

Quoting AleynazMom: Good luck to you! And what a sweet SO!! He's a keeper!!

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.  And the love of my life, Mark!

mamatink7
by Franceska on May. 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Sounds like a plan:) that's awesome about you guys getting married soon too. Yeah your ob sounds like mine, very proactive. Remember prometrium gives pregnancy signs too and definitely 3-4dpo until 14dpo or 10 wks bfp. She will write directions on prescription though too. It seems as though every fertility meds come with loads of instructions lol
good luck and can't wait to hear more.
ag421
by Aimee on May. 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM
How cute:) good luck :)
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Thanks :).  Sadly, or luckily, however you want to put it, I've done this before.  To get pregnant with my second child (with my ex-husband) I took all these meds (and then some\!!!)

I know what you mean, the Clomid and Prometrium really does ramp up the symptoms, doesn't it?  Thanks :)

Quoting mamatink7: Sounds like a plan:) that's awesome about you guys getting married soon too. Yeah your ob sounds like mine, very proactive. Remember prometrium gives pregnancy signs too and definitely 3-4dpo until 14dpo or 10 wks bfp. She will write directions on prescription though too. It seems as though every fertility meds come with loads of instructions lol good luck and can't wait to hear more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)