Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blood clot

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 6 weeks and 3 days according to my last menstrual cycle.. my first appointment isn't until the 27th. I just went to the bathroom and had a blood clot about the size of a peppercorn and I wiped again and it was kinda brown. I got up waited about 10 mins and went back and didn't have anything. But I am freaking out. :(
by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MinglingMom
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Because it's not very much and it's brown, I wouldn't worry; I know hard it is not to though. This happened to me when I was 6w5d with my first only it was a LOT more than a peppercorn (I went through two maxi pads while at the ER) and bright red. My daughter is now 2.5 years old and healthy as can be. The doctors to this day still don't know what caused all of my clots/bleeding that day. I still had some spotting in the days following that was brown and they told me, as long as it was brown, not to worry.

You can always call your OB and see what they say too. Do they have a nurses line you call?

Candi_Cody
by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM
I've been told the same, dark blood is usually older. I've been told to watch out for light pink/bright red blood. I would call your doctor if you're freaking out that badly.
vcory
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Brown blood is old. From my experience, my miscarriage was AF blood, my last pregnancy and this pregnancy it was only in CM form, if that makes sense. I spotted several times with my son and this one. It's nerve racking and my midwife set up an ultrasound for me. Baby looked perfect :) The tech said often when you see blood it's from a few days previous. It takes a while for the uterus to contract the blood down and out.
ttcishardtodo
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Thanks yall!! I luckily haven't had and bleeding just that small clot that had some mucus with it. My ob wasn't in office yesterday but I've email her today to see if she wants me to be seen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)