• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i ask for more?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
Since i havent had my period since feb when i had my mc, dr gave me bc to start now for two months to get my period back on a cycle then said we can start trying again.

My question: she didnt give me anything to start my period first. Said bc will do that. But, by just starting bc i will have another month with no period, til i take the pills in the bc that give you your period. Hope this makes sense, lol.

Should i call and get something to start my period. I was think i should, then start my bc so i can have two normal cycles after a period.

She also wants me to do a us, just haven't done it yet.

What would you ladies do?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kit279
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:55 PM

the birth control will help level out your hormones, which will help you start your period. there really isn't anything that. i am aware of that will get it going quickly. you need to give your body time to adjust and heal. which is hard to be patient. However, until your hormones return to normal, you won't get your period.

anandeemommy88
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Ok. Thanks. I have heard its not good to go with out your period, the lining can cause cancer. So that had me worried.

The lining from not having a period, it just sitting in your uterus

Quoting kit279:

the birth control will help level out your hormones, which will help you start your period. there really isn't anything that. i am aware of that will get it going quickly. you need to give your body time to adjust and heal. which is hard to be patient. However, until your hormones return to normal, you won't get your period.

kit279
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM
I've never heard of that. I was actually on a birth control that stopped AF for 3 months. And my mom had uterine, cervical, and fallopian cancer when I was in middle school.
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Most doctors prescribe progesterone to start AF if it isn't occurring naturally. It's a very common treatment.

Quoting kit279:

kit279
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:11 PM
A progesterone/estrogen mixed birth control is healthier and can actually reduce the risks of certain female cancers
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:16 PM
I didn't know that. I've never taken birth control though so I'm not familiar with any if the benefits.

Quoting kit279: A progesterone/estrogen mixed birth control is healthier and can actually reduce the risks of certain female cancers
kit279
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:23 PM

we learned about it in my nursing school. both progesterine and estrogen have capabilities on their own of preventing certain cancers, however too much of either (over long periods of time) increases risk of other types. so a balanced birth control, especially if you plan on being on it long term (i know its a ttc group, just sharing my knowledge :) ) you want a mixed. Short term, a single one is ok and risks are very VERY low.

anandeemommy88
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Sorry, i think i said it wrongm. I heard not having a peruod for a long time can cause cancerm. Im going on 90 days with no period.

Quoting kit279:

we learned about it in my nursing school. both progesterine and estrogen have capabilities on their own of preventing certain cancers, however too much of either (over long periods of time) increases risk of other types. so a balanced birth control, especially if you plan on being on it long term (i know its a ttc group, just sharing my knowledge :) ) you want a mixed. Short term, a single one is ok and risks are very VERY low.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM

The BCP should make you start your period, yes, when yoiu complete the pack.  So, go through it like she asked.

HOpefully that does kickstart your period.  If not, see her again.  I have never had BCP "correct" my cycles.  It always went right back to wonky.  Sounds like you might have other issues going on and may need help ovulating.  This will at least get you back to square one :)

Good luck!

kit279
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM

i understood what you meant, still have never heard that, even in my nursing classes. but i will be the first to admit i dont know everything. i do know that medically, 90 days is a relatively short amount of time. there are approved birth controls that stop it longer, so im sure youll be fine as far as cancer goes. like i said before, my dr ok'd me being on a 3 month cycle knowing my family had a history of uterine cancer.

Quoting anandeemommy88: Sorry, i think i said it wrongm. I heard not having a peruod for a long time can cause cancerm. Im going on 90 days with no period.
Quoting kit279:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)