Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tan Discharge (TMI Pic)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, I just made a post about aches and pains I've been having. Forgive me for another post, but I just happened to notice something...

Earlier tonight, I went pee and when I wiped, I noticed a very light brown/tan discharge. It was a very small amount, so I thought maybe I was seeing things and I disregarded it. But, I just went pee again, and when I wiped, I saw the discharge again, and got this picture, so I know I'm not just imagining it. It's still only a very small amount, and I only see it when I wipe. What is this? Could it be part of my mucus plug? And if so, should I call my doctor? My next appointment isn't until Tuesday, and I was always told to call if I see blood. This doesn't exactly qualify as "blood," though.

Sorry for all the questions! This is is my first pregnancy, so I'm not sure what to expect! I'm just over 36 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Heart4family
by Irene on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM
How far along are you?
KJ786
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM
36 weeks and 1 day (almost 2, since it is 11:30 at night here).

Quoting Heart4family: How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heart4family
by Irene on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM
It very well could be the start of you losing your mucus plug. Your about that time where your body is going to stay getting ready for baby to come. You can go a while after losing your plug before you go into labor. I lost my plug 3 weeks before I have birth to my dd.

Quoting KJ786: 36 weeks and 1 day (almost 2, since it is 11:30 at night here).

KJ786
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Good to know! Should I call the nurse tomorrow anyway, just to let them know? Or just wait it out and mention it at my appointment Tuesday? Thanks for the help, by the way!

Quoting Heart4family: It very well could be the start of you losing your mucus plug. Your about that time where your body is going to stay getting ready for baby to come. You can go a while after losing your plug before you go into labor. I lost my plug 3 weeks before I have birth to my dd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heart4family
by Irene on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:55 PM
You could call tomorrow just to let them know and give them a heads up just in case you go in labor before your apt. NP hun :)

Quoting KJ786: Good to know! Should I call the nurse tomorrow anyway, just to let them know? Or just wait it out and mention it at my appointment Tuesday? Thanks for the help, by the way!

Quoting Heart4family: It very well could be the start of you losing your mucus plug. Your about that time where your body is going to stay getting ready for baby to come. You can go a while after losing your plug before you go into labor. I lost my plug 3 weeks before I have birth to my dd.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Possible plug. I shed my plug for 3 days, sometimes it can regenerate. But I didn't go into labor until almost 42 weeks with my last child
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)