Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Belly Shrunk! 19 Weeks No Movements

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
  • 26 Replies
Yep I sound crazy. But it did shrink some. Not s big as it was. How the hell does that happen? Also it's not hard I can suck in. I'm 19 weeks 4 day. I barley feel a thing from her. I've tried everything a million times over. Nothing! I can understand if I was plus size woman it would take longer in most cases to feel movement but I'm not plus size. Not even close. But still no movements felt. It's scaring the hell out of me. Plus I keep having these awful vivid dreams that my baby girl randomly dies in utero. I never have her alive. They occur almost nightly for 5 nights so far always the same result. So that's freaking me out too. I have an anatomy scan on tues. 1pm. I hope to God she's still okay. I know there is nothing I can do to stop from loosing her. This is pregnancy #2 that I've made it this far. I should be feeling movement standing,walking,sitting, eating,laying down. I got nothing.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Jen on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm sure you're fine. Its probably just the dreams freaking you out...and you're probably having those dreams because you worry too much and over analyze every little thing. lol. Weight really doesn't mean much. I think it has more to do with placenta size and position. I'm a big girl and I've been feeling movement off and on since 15 weeks. Now I'm 17w3d and I've felt her every day for the past 3-4 days. I'm sure it'll be any day now for you!
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:59 AM
Try drinking orange juice and laying on your left side. Always worked for me. But you are still early. I didn't feel movement with my 1st until 22 weeks I think and my 2nd was 20ish weeks. Sad I can't remember exactly lol. I'm sure baby is just fine Hun! Hugs
lost2013
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Have you felt a lot of kicks but now feel nothing? A little confused. This pregnancy I have an anterior placenta so I didn't feel anything until I was 20-21 weeks due to that. This is baby #3 for me. My first I felt at 19-20 weeks my second at 17 weeks. Plus if the baby has turned towards your back that could be a reason. My OB told me at my last appointment (I was 24 weeks and 6 days), if you don't notice movement take time to count kicks, rolls, or gas feeling bubbles sit don't move and you should feel 4-5 kicks in an hour if you don't get up eat something or drink something then sit again and wait another hour if still no movement come into L&D-but that is if you are feeling regular movement then not all of sudden. Not sure if you have had a loss it I have and my last pregnancy and this one I kept having dreams my little one didn't make it. Luckily those dreams have subsided.
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Mobile Photo

I was freaking out so bad my first trimester about losing baby girl. Luckily baby is fine and is growing very healthy. I had horrible nightmares about bleeding and miscarrying, even the other night I had a dream I had 2 hematomas inside. I just have to have faith that everything will be ok. My belly would shrink every morning and get bigger every night at the beginning. Now I just wake up feeling huge every morning but I love my baby bump. I would try to take it one day at a time and try to think positively. Here is my bump at 21w5d.
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:55 AM
And by the way, I've been feeling baby since around 9 weeks, flutters at first, and just now at 20 weeks have I felt stronger and more defined movement from her. I also got a doppler to hear her hb everytime I start freaking out just a little bit. It helps. Hope you feel better!
hart57
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM
I didn't feel my first until 24 weeks and the second at 22. It's still early.

The shrinkage could be water retention. Or baby shifted.

I image it's hard to relax but try. Maybe buy a fetal Doppler.
DalmatianStars
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM

My little girl did this. She changed position and I just barely looked pregnant. I wouldn't feel movements and I was terrified. Then the moment the ultrasound was happening, she'd start moving and the relief would set in. The doctor said sometimes they get 'super sleepy'

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Try drinking OJ that always seem to get them moving. Some ice cold OJ.... I am sure you are fine...

tlparker004
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Yeah I was a bigger girl and I felt movements right around 17 weeks. But my tiny friend didn't feel hers till 21 weeks. I think you should find something to occupy yourself. Stress isn't good for the baby. My friend that suffered 3 losses would walk a lot when she was pregnant. Not to get the baby moving but to release good endorphins and to occupy herself worked wonders. Another does yoga and meditation.
LibraBalance
by Megan on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Hun, I'm sure she is fine, but Ive told you a million times for months to get a Doppler!!! You are going to drive yourself crazy :(. Try to relax and just know everything is OK!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)