Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PH is high

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
So the doctor told me my PH was an 8 which is high. Would that affect me TTC ? I'm in my fertile period now so how can I bring my PH down?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
D3SMOMMY
by Amanda on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:52 PM

what is PH?

3pupmom2015
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I do know if you're PH is high it can kill off sperm. I don't know how to lower it :-( My boyfriend told me coffee highers it.
rachndev
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Wow! I've been drinking coffee all week

Quoting 3pupmom2015: I do know if you're PH is high it can kill off sperm. I don't know how to lower it :-( My boyfriend told me coffee highers it.
3pupmom2015
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Her body's acidity.

Quoting D3SMOMMY:

what is PH?

kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Drink plenty of water. There are washes (like summers eve) that can help balance it. Best way is to really hydrate though. It can kill the sperm. Their sensitive little suckkers
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM
8 is on the higher side. What method did they use to test your pH? Was it vaginal dischare, urine, saliva? If it's too high or too low, it can sometimes hinder conception.
rachndev
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM
It was my urine

Quoting Kaybean: 8 is on the higher side. What method did they use to test your pH? Was it vaginal dischare, urine, saliva? If it's too high or too low, it can sometimes hinder conception.
Pukity
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:19 PM

oh, reading the threat I now know, what  I have been told is that during the fertile week, even a few days before just eat white meats like chicken, fish, turkey on the grill or roasted or on the skillet, no coffee during those days either, nothing acid like lemonade, orange juice, those things can help to have a more balance ph, at least for those 9 or 10 days

Good luck

rachndev
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the info!! It's going to be hard I love coffee!!

Quoting Pukity:

oh, reading the threat I now know, what  I have been told is that during the fertile week, even a few days before just eat white meats like chicken, fish, turkey on the grill or roasted or on the skillet, no coffee during those days either, nothing acid like lemonade, orange juice, those things can help to have a more balance ph, at least for those 9 or 10 days

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)