Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!!!What the heck?! Blood draw.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

What the heck? I get these tests this morning. I had a blood test and it came back negative. They refuse to give me a numbers test. IDK what to think....
Their test baseline is 25hcg. Which seems high.

UPDATE!!!!! 

SO all of yall were right- They re-ran the blood draw from yesterday for a NUMBER test. at 11am last night - BAM emailed results. 27 HCG----which if the baseline was 25 the first test was wrong :D the line test was even darker today! Wow i feel better! Thank you ladies!!

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemylife_15
by Ally on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Wow that's really weird
3pupmom2015
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Yeah. I'd wait. I was testing positive at home and the Army said I wasn't pregnant. I miscarried a few weeks later.
D3SMOMMY
by Amanda on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:46 PM

second opinion??? thats odd.

TtcBabyFno2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:52 PM
That is crazy. Your line is strong too. I'd go somewhere else for second opinion and/or someone who does numbers.
Army.wife2009
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Well after three phone calls they are running the numbers test. They acted like I was insane for wanting it.
I hate needing numbers but three miscarriages causes you to question everything.

Quoting TtcBabyFno2: That is crazy. Your line is strong too. I'd go somewhere else for second opinion and/or someone who does numbers.
MommyOfOne2710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM
That is really, really odd... I've seen your other tests, and this FRER is so much darker. Maybe they messed it up somehow??
daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Same thing happened to me. I was getting positive tests on 3 different brands but my blood draw was 4.6. Anything under 5 is negative. So, I ended up starting my period 3 days later. so I'm guessing I had another chemical but my levels dropped before the blood test. Good luck and hopefully the blood test was wrong.
Army.wife2009
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM
See that's what I wonder too. :/ they are re-running my draw from the morning for a number now.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710: That is really, really odd... I've seen your other tests, and this FRER is so much darker. Maybe they messed it up somehow??
Army.wife2009
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:18 PM
See they are saying anything under 25 is not pregnant. Which is rather high...

Quoting daydreamer86: Same thing happened to me. I was getting positive tests on 3 different brands but my blood draw was 4.6. Anything under 5 is negative. So, I ended up starting my period 3 days later. so I'm guessing I had another chemical but my levels dropped before the blood test. Good luck and hopefully the blood test was wrong.
daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM
That is high for a blood test

Quoting Army.wife2009: See they are saying anything under 25 is not pregnant. Which is rather high...

Quoting daydreamer86: Same thing happened to me. I was getting positive tests on 3 different brands but my blood draw was 4.6. Anything under 5 is negative. So, I ended up starting my period 3 days later. so I'm guessing I had another chemical but my levels dropped before the blood test. Good luck and hopefully the blood test was wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)