Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which opks?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Which cheap opks do you prefer?

Options:

A

B

C

D

Other (Please share)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

Which brand of cheapies are you ladies using and liking these days?? I see Wondfos have gotten a little more expensive. And there are some other cheaper brands. Gonna post a picture. Which are you ladies using? How do you like them? 

A.

B.

C.

D.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LibraBalance
by Megan on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Wondfo is the only kind I use. I bye the 100 pack with 20hpt for $33.cheap compared to many store tests and work just as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Clearblue advanced smiley tests for opk
I have my cd down to a science. I go for monitoring cd12, opk cd13, cd14 cd15. Once PEAK, I don't test cause next day will be positive for ovulation day.
How are things going so far with possibly ttc again so soon? I think you ll have good luck like last time :)
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM
Wondfo are my fav cheapies. Do not buy the answer cheap strips, they are garbage. :-)
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Aww thanks hun!! Unfortunately I can't use the CB because I don't O regularly. About once or twice a year if I am lucky and I never know when. So I would waste a LOT of money with those. But I wish I could! They look so much more clear LOL

And I THINK the plan for now is to watch for ovulation. Normally I O with 12-18 months. Once I feel like my body is gearing up to try to O, then we will discuss whether we are actually going to try or whether we want to prevent (just not bed) And since I don't ovulate regularly we will just do this until either we decide to go for it one more time or that we are confident in being done. So I am going to start doing opks and charting in the next few months. (JUST INCASE by some miracle my body decides to O) And because I am taking natural supplements that are supposed to help with digestion, weight loss, and blood sugar. And since women with PCOS are supposedly insulin resistant IT MAY help boost fertility semilar to the way Metformin would. So yea I guess thats the plan. Just keep communication open and see hwo it goes :) I just don't want to stress. While TTC #2 it was rough. We were diagnosed with secondary infertility. Once we stopped trying we concieved though. But it was cd 70 something and they told me that I would be lucky if I carried because it was an "old egg" which I know isn't really true but anyway. Then we were lucky with #3 to concieve after a year. Then with #4 we struggled again and I really thought it wouldn't happen. So then to concieve #5 so quickly I felt like I stressed for nothing. And now I feel like I look selfish stressing with 5 kiddos HAHA. Plus I can look back on my history NOW knowing what I didn't know then and see that while it may take time, its most likely a possibility. KWIM. So just going to try to enjoy the ride for a change and not stress it! 

Quoting mamatink7: Clearblue advanced smiley tests for opk I have my cd down to a science. I go for monitoring cd12, opk cd13, cd14 cd15. Once PEAK, I don't test cause next day will be positive for ovulation day. How are things going so far with possibly ttc again so soon? I think you ll have good luck like last time :)

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

OMGoodness yes they are! Been there done that!! Yea I like wondfos too but man did the price go up!

Quoting Lollypeg9896: Wondfo are my fav cheapies. Do not buy the answer cheap strips, they are garbage. :-)

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:02 PM

I loved the wonfo when TTC before! But the first time I bought them it was 50 opks and 20 test for $7.99 or $9.99 something like that!! They have gone way up LOL But they were right on for me. So I probably should stick to what worked! 

Quoting LibraBalance: Wondfo is the only kind I use. I bye the 100 pack with 20hpt for $33.cheap compared to many store tests and work just as well.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:09 PM
Your welcome. Yea PCOS sux bad I know :/ thanks to metformin and Femara, RE almost got my cycles good and ready. FINALLY my follies were a good size last cycle but dh had hometime but called back out so only one bd night before PEAK then came back and bd 2x at end of window.
This one is a bust:/ I almost 100% guarantee it is already as he got severely hurt last Saturday and can't move, lift, not even laugh. I can't put him through even trying this time. I've started softcups, maca root and wild yam drops last cycle so I will continue that next time.

Quoting NoraDun:

Aww thanks hun!! Unfortunately I can't use the CB because I don't O regularly. About once or twice a year if I am lucky and I never know when. So I would waste a LOT of money with those. But I wish I could! They look so much more clear LOL

And I THINK the plan for now is to watch for ovulation. Normally I O with 12-18 months. Once I feel like my body is gearing up to try to O, then we will discuss whether we are actually going to try or whether we want to prevent (just not bed) And since I don't ovulate regularly we will just do this until either we decide to go for it one more time or that we are confident in being done. So I am going to start doing opks and charting in the next few months. (JUST INCASE by some miracle my body decides to O) And because I am taking natural supplements that are supposed to help with digestion, weight loss, and blood sugar. And since women with PCOS are supposedly insulin resistant IT MAY help boost fertility semilar to the way Metformin would. So yea I guess thats the plan. Just keep communication open and see hwo it goes :) I just don't want to stress. While TTC #2 it was rough. We were diagnosed with secondary infertility. Once we stopped trying we concieved though. But it was cd 70 something and they told me that I would be lucky if I carried because it was an "old egg" which I know isn't really true but anyway. Then we were lucky with #3 to concieve after a year. Then with #4 we struggled again and I really thought it wouldn't happen. So then to concieve #5 so quickly I felt like I stressed for nothing. And now I feel like I look selfish stressing with 5 kiddos HAHA. Plus I can look back on my history NOW knowing what I didn't know then and see that while it may take time, its most likely a possibility. KWIM. So just going to try to enjoy the ride for a change and not stress it! 

Quoting mamatink7: Clearblue advanced smiley tests for opk
I have my cd down to a science. I go for monitoring cd12, opk cd13, cd14 cd15. Once PEAK, I don't test cause next day will be positive for ovulation day.
How are things going so far with possibly ttc again so soon? I think you ll have good luck like last time :)

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM

I am so sorry hun! What happened?? I hope he heals super quickly!!! Metformin helped me some but also caused issues. So I won't take it again. I found cinnimon is supposed to work similarly so gonna give it a try and see what happens. I love Maca root! Great stuff!! And we used softcups when TTC Azariah and it seemed to help a lot! FX for you guys hun when Hubby is healed up! 

Quoting mamatink7: Your welcome. Yea PCOS sux bad I know :/ thanks to metformin and Femara, RE almost got my cycles good and ready. FINALLY my follies were a good size last cycle but dh had hometime but called back out so only one bd night before PEAK then came back and bd 2x at end of window. This one is a bust:/ I almost 100% guarantee it is already as he got severely hurt last Saturday and can't move, lift, not even laugh. I can't put him through even trying this time. I've started softcups, maca root and wild yam drops last cycle so I will continue that next time.
Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mamatink7: Clearblue advanced smiley tests for opk I have my cd down to a science. I go for monitoring cd12, opk cd13, cd14 cd15. Once PEAK, I don't test cause next day will be positive for ovulation day. How are things going so far with possibly ttc again so soon? I think you ll have good luck like last time :)

mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM
He fell off his trailer. Severely bruised ribs and knee cap and crushed his blood vessels in his left elbow all the way to his wrist. Light duty restrictions. He's driving 1st time since Friday and he's in complete pain no matter what he's doing. I feel horrible cause haven't been able to get up there. I'm surprising him on Saturday.
RE changed dosages and types to help a little which it has so far :) what do you do with the cinnamon?
I am PRAYING next time for sure. We need this so badly.

Quoting NoraDun:

I am so sorry hun! What happened?? I hope he heals super quickly!!! Metformin helped me some but also caused issues. So I won't take it again. I found cinnimon is supposed to work similarly so gonna give it a try and see what happens. I love Maca root! Great stuff!! And we used softcups when TTC Azariah and it seemed to help a lot! FX for you guys hun when Hubby is healed up! 

Quoting mamatink7: Your welcome. Yea PCOS sux bad I know :/ thanks to metformin and Femara, RE almost got my cycles good and ready. FINALLY my follies were a good size last cycle but dh had hometime but called back out so only one bd night before PEAK then came back and bd 2x at end of window.
This one is a bust:/ I almost 100% guarantee it is already as he got severely hurt last Saturday and can't move, lift, not even laugh. I can't put him through even trying this time. I've started softcups, maca root and wild yam drops last cycle so I will continue that next time.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mamatink7: Clearblue advanced smiley tests for opk

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry!! I hope he starts feeling better soon! Praying things go well for you guys from here on out! 

You take it in capsules! I just started it because I always gain weight when not pregnant and lose it when I am. My hormones are just that screwed up! I was hoping that it would help with that. But my midwife told me that it actually could work similarly to the Met as it helps with blood sugar levels. So I did some research and sure enough. Some folks had some good outcomes! So I figure it was worth trying!! 

Met caused me to lose my hair. It also caused my blood sugar levels to be off during my 4th pregnancy which I believe may of added to his large size. None of which I can prove but all of which makes sense when you get down to it. So I plan to avoid it from here on! 

Quoting mamatink7: He fell off his trailer. Severely bruised ribs and knee cap and crushed his blood vessels in his left elbow all the way to his wrist. Light duty restrictions. He's driving 1st time since Friday and he's in complete pain no matter what he's doing. I feel horrible cause haven't been able to get up there. I'm surprising him on Saturday. RE changed dosages and types to help a little which it has so far :) what do you do with the cinnamon? I am PRAYING next time for sure. We need this so badly.
Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mamatink7: Your welcome. Yea PCOS sux bad I know :/ thanks to metformin and Femara, RE almost got my cycles good and ready. FINALLY my follies were a good size last cycle but dh had hometime but called back out so only one bd night before PEAK then came back and bd 2x at end of window. This one is a bust:/ I almost 100% guarantee it is already as he got severely hurt last Saturday and can't move, lift, not even laugh. I can't put him through even trying this time. I've started softcups, maca root and wild yam drops last cycle so I will continue that next time.
Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)