Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To cancel or not to cancel?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
Hi Monmies
So back in August I had a miscarriage and now we're finally tryin again. This month my period is so abnormal. I've gotten normal AF since the MC. It last one day.. If that... Now it's gone.. Could it of been implantation bleeding? I took two tests and there negative...
I have a dentist apt today to get teeth pulled maybe stress is causing AF to not come? Should I cancel my apt in case I am I heard dental work is bad while pregnant..
Please give me some advice
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:30 AM
You could always test before. Yes that could stress you enough for af to skip.
good luck today
Adam-Mommy
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM
I tested this morning and it's negative still but my AF is gone
DalmatianStars
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Call up your GP and ask their advice on it :) They would have a better clue on how to handle it

EarlGrayHot
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Well, for starters, I think you are trying too soon after a miscarirage.  Also, any dental work could involve x-rays which is a definite no no unless the situation is extreme.  Are you in pain?  Can you wait?  Why are you trying again so soon?  Did your OBG/YN ok this? 

Adam-Mommy
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:53 AM
My ob is okay with this. We aren't trying to soon I was given the go ahead.. But thanks for the concern
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM
I don't think it's too soon to try again, if your on oked it then no worries. Anyway, I personally would not cancel because after 2yrs of trying I cancelled way to many things because I "might" be pregnant. If you need an X-ray they usually ask and put that lead cover on. But it's ultimately up to you and if you're worried I would call the ob and see what they think. If you are in pain of might be pros vs cons thing. While I was pregnant my heart rate went crazy once and I had to get an ct scan to rule out blood clot and the risks of a clot outweighed the risk of a scan.
Adam-Mommy
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:18 AM
I called the dentist and they feel better with me rescheduling till I know for sure.. So I made a new appt.. :) thanks guys!
florallove92
by Group Admin on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:58 AM
It's not too soon to try, my dr recommended 2 cycles after. Some say they can try instantly.

The dentist will put the lead smock on you if they X-ray like Khooks said. I would probably just get the dental work done if it's needed/causing you pain.

It can take a while for your periods to regulate after a miscarriage. This cycle is probably just longer than normal.

I'm sorry for your loss! Good luck
khs09vallan
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you get your bfp but dental work is not bad during pregnancy. Xrays are bad but if they can fix the problem with no xrays then it's good. The thing is if you have a bad tooth you have bacteria and infection going through your body, infection, bacteria and posion are bad for your baby, that is much worse than getting a numbing shot and get a tooth pulled. My brother is a dentist. He made sure I didn't cancel my cleanings while pregnant because it is important. I just didn't get the xrays. I even had a cavity filled while pregnant. Just make sure your dentist knows you think you are pregnant and you shold be good to go 😀 good luck!
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:14 PM
I'm sorry but everything you just said is garbage. Please refrain from giving advice if it's not actually valid. *eye roll*

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Well, for starters, I think you are trying too soon after a miscarirage.  Also, any dental work could involve x-rays which is a definite no no unless the situation is extreme.  Are you in pain?  Can you wait?  Why are you trying again so soon?  Did your OBG/YN ok this? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)