Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM
  • 3 Replies
So I got my Mirena IUD removed in August, three days later I got my period and it was normal. In September I missed my period but I was irregular before my first pregnancy si I figured it would be the same. This past week I've been having symptoms but they could easily be confused for PMS. I noticed some spotting on Wednesday so I figured I'd get my period. Nothing. Again spotting on Friday then nothing. On Saturday I was intimate and we noticed some blood so we figured it was my period but then it went away. Today (Monday) no spotting and I do feel nauseous. I've taken several pregnancy tests and they've all been negative. Did I test too early or is it just my body getting back to normal after the IUD was removed?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

probably your body regulating, but you can always call your dr and ask.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It usually takes at least one or more cycles to regulate. The drs usually (per several friends who've been on it) hAve them wait 3 months before ttc.
Good luck and welcome
Pukity
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

yes, after the Mirena the body takes a while to adjust, I woud wait  couple more days and then if no AF, retest, if it´s negative maybe call your Dr and ask.  Good luck! I hope it´s your bfp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)