Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting, cramping, and scared...

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
I had s cervical check today. I went in bc my vagina literally felt like it was falling out, like I had a tampon or something stuck in there. Weird, I know but the pain and pressure was enough to be seen, and since my 24wk appt was coming up this Thursday they just moved it to today...So the Dr did a cervical check to make sure everything was OK. Everything was. She warned me I could spot afterwards but now I am and I am cramping A LOT. I also have had some weird discharge with the cramping that I'm worried could be my plug. I'm so terrified she put me into labor or something :( I know she wouldn't do anything to harm the baby and I trust my Dr 100% so I don't need to hear that I shouldn't have let her check me, but my anxiety is through the roof :(. She is still moving and dancing in there, but the cramps, backache, and spotting is really freaking me out. I called the nurse and was told just to monitor it. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Jen on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:30 PM
You're okay, girl. Everything you're describing sounds totally normal after a cervical check. The spotting and cramping are both most likely from her poking around at your cervix. It's extra sensitive during pregnancy. And the discharge sounds normal too. I always get thick globs of mucus after sex or any kind of exam. It's from the cervix being bumped, stuff just gets dislodged.
LibraBalance
by Megan on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks hun. In my head I know that is but I can't help but worry. I didn't except the cramps to be so bad kwim? No more checks for me lol!

Quoting Mom2five87: You're okay, girl. Everything you're describing sounds totally normal after a cervical check. The spotting and cramping are both most likely from her poking around at your cervix. It's extra sensitive during pregnancy. And the discharge sounds normal too. I always get thick globs of mucus after sex or any kind of exam. It's from the cervix being bumped, stuff just gets dislodged.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCplus1
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM
Your doctor wouldn't put you at risk.

I'm sure it's normal. Try to relax.
SamKSanders
by Samantha on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, this exactly. Hugs mama 💛 Baby girl is okay.

Quoting Mom2five87: You're okay, girl. Everything you're describing sounds totally normal after a cervical check. The spotting and cramping are both most likely from her poking around at your cervix. It's extra sensitive during pregnancy. And the discharge sounds normal too. I always get thick globs of mucus after sex or any kind of exam. It's from the cervix being bumped, stuff just gets dislodged.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:38 PM

I think you have every right to be concerned! And certainly should be. I hope it stops soon and  everthing turns out ok!

MarriedMyPrince
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Oh sweetheart I'd be freaked out too! I completely understand.
However I do agree that we cramp and bleed and have odd discharge after an exam. You and baby will be okay momma. Keeping you and baby girl in my prayers for things to go back to normal for your feelings.
Mom2TwoAlready
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 3:36 AM
My kids are 11 and 13. I had the same experience after my exams. Just try to take it easy and try not to think about it. Let your body relax and you it will go back to as normal as it can midpregnancy.
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Oct. 27, 2015 at 3:43 AM
This!♡♥♡♥

Quoting NoraDun:

I think you have every right to be concerned! And certainly should be. I hope it stops soon and  everthing turns out ok!

julieobug
by Julie on Oct. 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM
I'm sure that you and baby girl will be ok!! I went to L&Dlast week because I felt like baby girl hadn't been moving right and she we perfect but I'm glad you are monitoring it and that you got checked out! Are the cramps coming in a time able pattern? That's what you need to look for honey but if they aren't coming regular and pretty close probably they will tapper off and be nothing. ❤️❤️❤️
Mom2five87
by Jen on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:22 PM
How are you feeling today?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)