Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tear in placenta?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Mel
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to the ER yesterday with hubby. I had been cramping and had some brown blood after I went to the bathroom.

The ER dr said that I had a small tear in the placenta but baby's hb was a strong 171 and it measured spot on.

I called my OB this morning and made an appt. I got in at 945 today and my dr told me these kinds of tears are common. Mine is only 2.5  Miscarriage rate is less than 5%. He put me back on progesterone suppositories for two weeks and pelvic rest until 20 weeks but is not worried at all since baby is doing so well. He also said I may experience some bleeding which would be normal as the blood clears out from the tear but that bed rest is not necessary and that I should maintain normal activity within reason. 

Here is our lttle bean:

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamatink7
by Franceska on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Glad you are doing well and they are taking care of you.
JCplus1
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Glad everything is ok.
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:20 PM
I had a subchorionic hemorrhage (tear behind my placenta) at 8 weeks. I had red blood, then pink spotting, and finally brown spotting. My tear was 2mm and completely resolved itself by 9.5 weeks. I am 26w2d with our 2nd little girl 5th baby. Alot of times it will resolve itself with pelvic rest and taking it easy. The fact that baby is doing well is a good sign! Follow drs orders and take it easy mama <3
mdm122789
by Mel on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:25 PM

I am 11w4d today. Youve made me feel better. This is my first pregnancy and it is an IVF pregnancy. We are really praying little bean stays strong (: 

Quoting hurst0three: I had a subchorionic hemorrhage (tear behind my placenta) at 8 weeks. I had red blood, then pink spotting, and finally brown spotting. My tear was 2mm and completely resolved itself by 9.5 weeks. I am 26w2d with our 2nd little girl 5th baby. Alot of times it will resolve itself with pelvic rest and taking it easy. The fact that baby is doing well is a good sign! Follow drs orders and take it easy mama <3

SamKSanders
by Samantha on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Awe so glad you and baby are doing well!
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Oct. 27, 2015 at 3:51 AM
Glad you and baby are ok momma;-)!♡♥♡♥
MarriedMyPrince
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:00 AM
So glad your baby and you are Okay.
How many weeks are you now? Your baby bump is adorable!
I had Subchorinic Hemorrhage from 6 weeks till 11 weeks with this pregnancy. The cramping and bleeding was consistent daily but not enough for a thick pad. Scared the hell out of me. I was at higher risk of miscarriage because I was so early. I was a nervous wreck till the bleeding stopped. I understand the absoulute panic you feel when you see blood. I prayed hard everyday my precious bean would make it. She did! She's a fighter. I'm 24 weeks today. Yours will make it too! Have faith, be strong, pray.
mdm122789
by Mel on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:47 AM

I will be 12 weeks on Thursday! We are having the blood tests/ ultrasounds done to check for abnormalities then. I am just excited to see baby again since we will still love this baby no matter what (: 

I have never bled but two times after I peed, always brown, and one wipe and it was gone. So I am hoping it reabsorbs, I think seeing the red blood would freak me out. But I am prepared for it at least. 

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: So glad your baby and you are Okay. How many weeks are you now? Your baby bump is adorable! I had Subchorinic Hemorrhage from 6 weeks till 11 weeks with this pregnancy. The cramping and bleeding was consistent daily but not enough for a thick pad. Scared the hell out of me. I was at higher risk of miscarriage because I was so early. I was a nervous wreck till the bleeding stopped. I understand the absoulute panic you feel when you see blood. I prayed hard everyday my precious bean would make it. She did! She's a fighter. I'm 24 weeks today. Yours will make it too! Have faith, be strong, pray.

tryingfor7
by Amber on Oct. 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM
So happy to hear ur lil bean is just fine! Be sure to take it easy tho:)
mdm122789
by Mel on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I am (: I spend most of the day sitting or laying down but I make sure to get up once in a while to keep the blood flow going (:

Quoting tryingfor7: So happy to hear ur lil bean is just fine! Be sure to take it easy tho:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)