Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update to "Day 2"

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, its the end of day 3 of AF being late.

this is very unusual, as i track and my period is always on time.

Ive taken 3 tests, alllll BFN :[ :[ :[

but even after last night of some pretty wild BDing, still, nuthing.

mild spotting this morning, just a llittle pink, cant even really consider it blood really.

other symptoms:

-nausea off and on, but ive also had a nasty cold for a week now and i dont know if that is causing my upset stomach,

-food aversions- again, could be due to a cold

-food cravings- dont know if thats even a thing early on but ive been obsessed with asparagus lately, and before the last week or so, i never even thought about buying them from the store...

hmph

at least DH is supportive. he asked last night, "whats it gonna take to get you pregnant?!" i said, BD EVERY DAY!! hes down. haha except when were both completely exausted after working all day. 

i guess now all i can do is wait for AF- but i keep telling myself, i didnt find out i was preg with my first until 6 weeks, so maybe the hormone isnt strong enough yet-  [high hopes but im convinced im jsut not pregnant and im just late because...idk?!!! ](then again i didnt track my period and wasnt trying to get pregnant with my son, it just sort of happened, which im grateful for, but why couldnt it be that easy when im actually trying...???.)

could it be because i have only been off BC for about 6 months, after taking it for 6 years?

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EllieC415
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM

ALSO- i have a heightened sense of smell, which is weird because i have the worst head cold and usually i cant smell a damn thing, but this week i can smell EVERYTHING and a lot of smells have been making me nauseous. 

Quoting EllieC415:

So, its the end of day 3 of AF being late.

this is very unusual, as i track and my period is always on time.

Ive taken 3 tests, alllll BFN :[ :[ :[

but even after last night of some pretty wild BDing, still, nuthing.

mild spotting this morning, just a llittle pink, cant even really consider it blood really.

other symptoms:

-nausea off and on, but ive also had a nasty cold for a week now and i dont know if that is causing my upset stomach,

-food aversions- again, could be due to a cold

-food cravings- dont know if thats even a thing early on but ive been obsessed with asparagus lately, and before the last week or so, i never even thought about buying them from the store...

hmph

at least DH is supportive. he asked last night, "whats it gonna take to get you pregnant?!" i said, BD EVERY DAY!! hes down. haha except when were both completely exausted after working all day. 

i guess now all i can do is wait for AF- but i keep telling myself, i didnt find out i was preg with my first until 6 weeks, so maybe the hormone isnt strong enough yet-  [high hopes but im convinced im jsut not pregnant and im just late because...idk?!!! ](then again i didnt track my period and wasnt trying to get pregnant with my son, it just sort of happened, which im grateful for, but why couldnt it be that easy when im actually trying...???.)

could it be because i have only been off BC for about 6 months, after taking it for 6 years?

kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

fx for you! it could be the birth control getting out of your system, your cold, and/or stress. i hope its not and you get your bfp!

kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, and my dh has started asking me "did that do it? did i put a baby in there?" right after sex. lol.

EllieC415
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

haha omglob yeah mine says do you think that one was a boy or girl? im like omg lol 

Quoting kit279:

oh, and my dh has started asking me "did that do it? did i put a baby in there?" right after sex. lol.

kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i tell my hubby that we have to wait a couple weeks and he kind of whines. "but whhhyyyyyyy". since my meltdown he has started talking to my stomach. "we need a baby in there. stay i. there baby". im like thanks hunny. thanks alot.

Quoting EllieC415:

haha omglob yeah mine says do you think that one was a boy or girl? im like omg lol 

Quoting kit279:

TwiMari2010
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That comment made me laugh 😂

Quoting EllieC415:

Quoting kit279:

EllieC415
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:20 AM

even after 6 months? i used the nuva ring btw dont know if that makes a difference

Quoting kit279:

fx for you! it could be the birth control getting out of your system, your cold, and/or stress. i hope its not and you get your bfp!

EllieC415
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:24 AM

good, i like making people laugh. i made my boss laugh so hard she started crying. the office was pretty quiet too so everyone peeked out of their offices to see what the heck had her in hysterics.... it was MEEE!!! XP

Quoting TwiMari2010: That comment made me laugh 😂
Quoting EllieC415:

Quoting kit279:

kit279
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quoting EllieC415:

even after 6 months? i used the nuva ring btw dont know if that makes a difference

Quoting kit279:

Does the nova ring have hormones in it? If so, id say yes. And I do know women who even with the rings that were hormone free, they still had trouble regulating for a few months after it was taken out. I hope your late BC of a little one though!
EllieC415
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM

thank you, yes it had hormones in it. i hope so too tho.... :P FX

Quoting kit279:
Quoting EllieC415:

Quoting kit279:

Does the nova ring have hormones in it? If so, id say yes. And I do know women who even with the rings that were hormone free, they still had trouble regulating for a few months after it was taken out. I hope your late BC of a little one though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)