Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Incorrect EDD

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ladies were any of you all's due date was off in the beginning of your pregnancy? My LMP was 10/4/15 of a 25 day cycle.  I found out at 9 dpo on 10/24 Based on when I ovulated I know my due date to be July 7, 2016 and today makes 4 weeks of pregnancy. Yesterday I went to get my pregnancy confirmed, the nurse would not do a blood test because my urine test did not come back negative. I got asked by 4 different nurses if I was sure I was pregnant because technically I had not missed my period. I was beyond frustrated at that point..the nurse gave me an EDD of July 12th, 2016 based off my period and that couldn't be more off. She said I was only 3 weeks and 2 days when I tried to explain to her that was not correct, she went on and said "I'm surprised your test showed positive, usually with our tests they do not show until you've missed your period".

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny3513
by Destiny on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:13 PM
They always say I'm further along because I have long cycles....you know when you ovulated ignore them until an ultrasound proves them wrong. :)
purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :)

Quoting destiny3513: They always say I'm further along because I have long cycles....you know when you ovulated ignore them until an ultrasound proves them wrong. :)

LibraBalance
by Megan on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM
My re changed the date of my lmp before I moved to my obg bc they only go by lmp instead of O date. Since he did that my obg had my correct due date, they wouldn't have if he didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Even by ultrasound?

Quoting LibraBalance: My re changed the date of my lmp before I moved to my obg bc they only go by lmp instead of O date. Since he did that my obg had my correct due date, they wouldn't have if he didn't.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:29 PM

The drs urine tests are not sensitive enough to pick up early pregnancy. Unlike home test! Just  go back in a week or two! 

LibraBalance
by Megan on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM
I don't know...My ultrasounds have been exact based on my O day date.

Quoting purple-vanity:

Even by ultrasound?

Quoting LibraBalance: My re changed the date of my lmp before I moved to my obg bc they only go by lmp instead of O date. Since he did that my obg had my correct due date, they wouldn't have if he didn't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ewunia79
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM
This my blood test was 449 and the line on their test was barely there!and a EDD is just an estimate.... it does not really matter...at least to me.

Quoting NoraDun:

The drs urine tests are not sensitive enough to pick up early pregnancy. Unlike home test! Just  go back in a week or two! 

StaciF
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM
At least them giving you a later Edd is in your favor - gives you more time to go into labor on your own before they start trying to force induction. Congrats!
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

They just plug your LMP into a calculator based off "typical" 28 day cycles and it pops out a date. I wouldn't take what they said to heart just wait until the dating US which is most accurate. Congrats on the pregnancy!

purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM

I won't and thank you so much

Quoting Careeka22:

They just plug your LMP into a calculator based off "typical" 28 day cycles and it pops out a date. I wouldn't take what they said to heart just wait until the dating US which is most accurate. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)