Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insem questions... For those who have succeeded!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Okay, I have a few questions about AI... We will be going through a sperm bank and will be using frozen sperm.. My questions:

-did you do a ICI or IVI or IUI? We are doing ours at home and not sure which one we want to do. I do understand needing washed sperm for anything going into the cervix.

-what the heck IS the difference between ICI and IVI? The internet gives conflicting definitions

-what schedule did you do to insem and succeed? What hours after +OPK did you inseminate and how many vials per cycle?

-lastly (for now, lol), did you do all the fertility charting like BBT, cm check, OPK testing etc....

I've been on other boards and wanted to ask those who have been successful and knows what it took to become pregnant through frozen sperm!! Thanks!
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM
I don't know of anyone who has used frozen sperm at home. Can you give more details on how you're getting it and how you're planning to use it?

stephyjj
by stephy on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
We are a lesbian couple so will be glad to answer lol. Ici is where you place the sperm right outside the cervix. Iui is inside the cervix which can be dangerous at home.
julieobug
by Julie on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
We are a lesbian couple as well that did IVI at home with a medical syringe the soft cups and just tracking. I wouldn't suggest IUI at home just because it's tricky and can be dangerous
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad you showed up, you're the success story she needs hear about.

Not long now until baby girl arrives!!

Quoting julieobug: We are a lesbian couple as well that did IVI at home with a medical syringe the soft cups and just tracking. I wouldn't suggest IUI at home just because it's tricky and can be dangerous
MageeMomof3
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Thank you ladies for your replies!! It does give me hope and now I understand the difference :) you all rock! :)
julieobug
by Julie on Nov. 1, 2015 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Not long at all! Probably 3 weeks tops!

OP it took us 7 months with two early losses to get to where we are now but it can be done and it wasn't that hard at all. Temping is a MUST

Quoting Lollypeg9896: I'm glad you showed up, you're the success story she needs hear about.

Quoting julieobug: We are a lesbian couple as well that did IVI at home with a medical syringe the soft cups and just tracking. I wouldn't suggest IUI at home just because it's tricky and can be dangerous
MageeMomof3
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Congrats btw!! So exciting!! We know it may not be an easy journey but we are ready to try til we can hopefully succeed! I am temping... Just started this past cycle... 6DPO and tracking for at least another month or two to really get an idea and a feel for my body's schedule and cycle. :) I've been checking cm and tracking AF for over a year now while we were deciding when we were going to try this. Wish I had been doing bbt longer but better late than never. ;)

Quoting julieobug: Not long at all! Probably 3 weeks tops!

OP it took us 7 months with two early losses to get to where we are now but it can be done and it wasn't that hard at all. Temping is a MUST

Quoting Lollypeg9896: I'm glad you showed up, you're the success story she needs hear about.

julieobug
by Julie on Nov. 2, 2015 at 6:44 AM
Always! I didn't temp at first because it intimidated me but it's really easy! Good luck on your journey and pm me if you ever have a question!

Quoting MageeMomof3: Congrats btw!! So exciting!! We know it may not be an easy journey but we are ready to try til we can hopefully succeed! I am temping... Just started this past cycle... 6DPO and tracking for at least another month or two to really get an idea and a feel for my body's schedule and cycle. :) I've been checking cm and tracking AF for over a year now while we were deciding when we were going to try this. Wish I had been doing bbt longer but better late than never. ;)

MageeMomof3
by Member on Nov. 2, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Yah I think that is definitely what stopped me at first. :) not so bad after all. :) thanks!! I may do that :)

Quoting julieobug: Always! I didn't temp at first because it intimidated me but it's really easy! Good luck on your journey and pm me if you ever have a question!

Quoting MageeMomof3: Congrats btw!! So exciting!! We know it may not be an easy journey but we are ready to try til we can hopefully succeed! I am temping... Just started this past cycle... 6DPO and tracking for at least another month or two to really get an idea and a feel for my body's schedule and cycle. :) I've been checking cm and tracking AF for over a year now while we were deciding when we were going to try this. Wish I had been doing bbt longer but better late than never. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)