Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd Drs Appointment--Way to go with scaring me

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

Today I had another ultrasound I am 6w4d my last one was a week ago. At that time only the sack could be seen. Today, I saw the baby but her concern was she could not see the heartbeat. She tried it vaginally twice and on the belly..

She brought up the possibility of miscarrying-which freaked me the hell out. I got to my car I instantly started crying. I have to come back on Thursday for another follow up ultrasound from there I will be 7 weeks.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemylife_15
by Ally on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM
No ma'am but big hugs for you. I'm sure your bean is just fine mama
purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Thank you much needed

Quoting lovemylife_15: No ma'am but big hugs for you. I'm sure your bean is just fine mama

mamatink7
by Franceska on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Sending you hugs for a great appt Thursday. Sometimes they can catch it and other times it's impossible. Several times there was nothing and it freaked me out too.
purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Good to hear from you I hope all is well. Thanks hopefully it's just nothing and I'm really early.

Quoting mamatink7: Sending you hugs for a great appt Thursday. Sometimes they can catch it and other times it's impossible. Several times there was nothing and it freaked me out too.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM
Thx nice to hear from you too:) re found out what's wrong and surgery is scheduled for mid January. Praying I'll be on your side before to long also ♡♡

Quoting purple-vanity:

Good to hear from you I hope all is well. Thanks hopefully it's just nothing and I'm really early.

Quoting mamatink7: Sending you hugs for a great appt Thursday. Sometimes they can catch it and other times it's impossible. Several times there was nothing and it freaked me out too.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:40 PM
I've heard of lots of people not hearing or seeing heartbeat until AFTER 7-8 weeks. My doctor won't even do an ultrasound until 9 weeks for this very reason. He don't want to cause stress when not needed.
purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I saw your post :) prayers all will be well.

Quoting mamatink7: Thx nice to hear from you too:) re found out what's wrong and surgery is scheduled for mid January. Praying I'll be on your side before to long also ♡♡
Quoting purple-vanity:

purple-vanity
by Glamaholic! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Thank you that makes me feel a little less worried.

Quoting amberNewman0213: I've heard of lots of people not hearing or seeing heartbeat until AFTER 7-8 weeks. My doctor won't even do an ultrasound until 9 weeks for this very reason. He don't want to cause stress when not needed.

noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM
6 weeks 4 days could still be a bit early to see the heartbeat! It probably has not srarted yet! Fluttering could start after any moment, probably right after you left and got in your car, or probably tonight or the next day! I know it's scary just thinking about what happened at the doctors, but stay positive and just trust that everything will be just fine! Although pregnancy is supposed to be a happy time in a woman's life, it is most definitely also the scariest! ♡♥♡♥
mamatink7
by Franceska on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM
Thank you much:)

Quoting purple-vanity:

I saw your post :) prayers all will be well.

Quoting mamatink7: Thx nice to hear from you too:) re found out what's wrong and surgery is scheduled for mid January. Praying I'll be on your side before to long also ♡♡

Quoting purple-vanity:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)