Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can an abnormal amount of sleep change your temp?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Ok. So I had a little issue with FF when it gave me crosshairs... Maybe it was right. I am posting the chart from when I had it in manual...when I thought I ovulated... The crosshairs are blue. The second is the ff estimated one with red crosshairs.

I also wonder how more sleep than normal affects a temp reading. Most nights before a reading I only get about 3.5 hours and then another 3 after I temp at 6:30 when I get up to let the kid I babysit in. (Everyone goes back to bed until 9 am) last night i got 8 whole hours because I was exhausted. Could that throw my temp off?

So now either I am out and that was a real drop, my sleep screwed up my chart or FF was right and I ovulated later than I thought and am only 10 dpo and I have never tested positive that early. I still have light tests on the day AF is due. Trying not to get so down, because it seems there is a possibility I could still be.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamatink7
by Franceska on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes crazy sleep schedule or patterns can really mess up temps therefore your charts.
Whenever possible I'd let the automatic ovulation settings do itself.
OKH031214
by Lauren on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. My normal body/sleep patterns seem to want to sleep 1 am to 9 am and I am always interrupted at 6:30 but return to sleep. So my patterns are a little screwy. :( I will wait for AF. She is the only dependable sign.

Quoting mamatink7: Yes crazy sleep schedule or patterns can really mess up temps therefore your charts.
luna321
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! My temps are always lower when I sleep well verses get up to put my 5 y.o. back to bed at 3am (like most nights)
OKH031214
by Lauren on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM
I'll be back on my regular schedule (weird as it is) tonight maybe Sunday will look better

Quoting luna321: Yes! My temps are always lower when I sleep well verses get up to put my 5 y.o. back to bed at 3am (like most nights)
mamatink7
by Franceska on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:53 PM
YW
I'd almost temp immediately when you wake when the boy comes over then you should be better then. The longest sleep time is best to temp with.

Quoting OKH031214: Thank you. My normal body/sleep patterns seem to want to sleep 1 am to 9 am and I am always interrupted at 6:30 but return to sleep. So my patterns are a little screwy. :( I will wait for AF. She is the only dependable sign.

Quoting mamatink7: Yes crazy sleep schedule or patterns can really mess up temps therefore your charts.
OKH031214
by Lauren on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:08 PM
I have started setting my alarm for 6:30/everyday for some consistency

Quoting mamatink7: YW
I'd almost temp immediately when you wake when the boy comes over then you should be better then. The longest sleep time is best to temp with.

Quoting OKH031214: Thank you. My normal body/sleep patterns seem to want to sleep 1 am to 9 am and I am always interrupted at 6:30 but return to sleep. So my patterns are a little screwy. :( I will wait for AF. She is the only dependable sign.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)