Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I'm new here. I am only on CD 2. This is my first cycle since I had our last child so I'm not holding high expectations. I ordered a basal thermometer and some ovulation kits. I have never done temping before so any advice on that topic would be awesome! I am so excited to be trying again!!!!
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DalmatianStars
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:51 AM

Welcome :) The only things I know about temping is that it's the first thing you should be doing when you wake. Are you going for oral or vaginal? I was told vaginal was more accurate. It doesn't have to go in majorly far if you're going for vaginal. The same time every morning is the best way to go about it. I don't know what everyone else would say, I know my reading and understanding of it was that as long as it was within the hour of the time you normally would be temping, it's fine to record it. Get an app like Fertility Friend so that it's easier to chart :) Hope that's helpful!

mom2two26
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:44 AM
I will most likely be doing it orally. I have two children and they have a tendency to get in everything. I don't have a set time that I wake up on the weekends but I can see if can't just set an alarm to make sure I am getting accurate results. I have an app on my phone for tracking tons of stuff. But I don't believe it has a chart.

Quoting DalmatianStars:

Welcome :) The only things I know about temping is that it's the first thing you should be doing when you wake. Are you going for oral or vaginal? I was told vaginal was more accurate. It doesn't have to go in majorly far if you're going for vaginal. The same time every morning is the best way to go about it. I don't know what everyone else would say, I know my reading and understanding of it was that as long as it was within the hour of the time you normally would be temping, it's fine to record it. Get an app like Fertility Friend so that it's easier to chart :) Hope that's helpful!

MeganSB
by Megan on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:08 AM
Welcome to the group!
Peregrine
by Carrie on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM
Welcome to the group. Charting stressed me out. But fertility friends app works very well to keep track of things really well.
mom2two26
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Thank you!

Quoting MeganSB: Welcome to the group!
mom2two26
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:52 PM
Ok. I'll download it and see what it's like!

Quoting Peregrine: Welcome to the group. Charting stressed me out. But fertility friends app works very well to keep track of things really well.
mamatink7
by Franceska on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Welcome. The more you know about your body, the better off you will be. Definitely get into fertilityfriend.Com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)