Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting for a missed period

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
Waiting till a missed period seems like forever .hubby and I are starting to try for another baby. I don't really understand the "fertile window" according to my periods ( pretty regular about 30 days) my fertile days this month where March 24-28 my last period was March 10th my hubby n I had sex March 27 . Confusing part is I thought the egg only last like 12-24 hours so y r my high fertile days 5 days? I know sperm can live up to 5 days. Is it best to have sex before ur fertile days in the middle? Did we wait to long this month? I did have a few twinge pains the next day and day afte . Similar to ovulation pains (like very mild period cramps) is it possible I ovulated the next day? That would make my chances of being pregnant alot higher? What do you guys think? I know it's always possible but feel like maybe we waited to long this month. Now the wait
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Tiny_tott
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Most of the time without temping and using OPK's you wont know for sure when you ovulate those predictors can be off. It's best to start trying when you get the sticky cm since the sperm can survive in it that way even if you ovulate later its there and waiting for the egg. You can BD every other day during the fertile cycle(or more) and a few after to be sure to have sperm waiting for the egg.GL and Baby dust hopefully you caught the egg :)

kit279
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Fertile window with apps is a guess. The more you can have sex, the higher your chance. Checking CM, using OPKs, and temping will give you a better idea of when you ovulate. Your fertile window includes the days leading up to your ovulation and one day after. I hope you get that egg! GL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)