Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess we move to IVF now..

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2016 at 9:03 AM
  • 14 Replies

Yesterday, I cried in front of my doctor. DH has been on clomid for a severely low sperm count since August. He did another for my fertility doctor (who I just started seeing in February although it's been 3 years since we first started trying) about 2 weeks ago. There were ZERO sperm to be seen. Yes, ZERO.

I also got my HSG results back. One of my tubes are blocked and she said the other looks pretty damaged. With both of these things against us my doctor reccomends surgery first for my tubes and then IVF.

I'm a smidgeon better than I was yesterday. Now I'm researching ways to make IVF a reality. I don't think I would be ok if we didn't try everything possible.

Has received any grants or anything of that nature? Or can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much for reading. <3

by on Apr. 2, 2016 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Hi,

can you use your husbands sperm for the procedure?

OKH031214
by Lauren on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM
I had some friends who were very successful with a go fund me.
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:34 PM
We borrowed money from my FIL. Without his generosity, we wouldn't have our 20 months old twins. I did apply for a discount card for some of the pricey prescriptions. That helped out some.
luvmy4bbs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Reach out to the manufacturers of the meds you will need sometimes they cand send you freebies aND discounts
mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Speak with RE, sometimes they participate in discount programs (I'm part of Compassionate Care Program). All you can do is speak with them and maNY already have a payment program to finance it.
Check with your state laws, many allow some fertility treatment to be partially covered
So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:31 PM

yes,we would be using his sperm.

Quoting mommyof7921:

Hi,

can you use your husbands sperm for the procedure?

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:33 PM

That's pretty awesome!!

Quoting OKH031214: I had some friends who were very successful with a go fund me.

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:34 PM

That would be nice to be able to pay it off in increments. 

Very late congrats on your twins!

Quoting Dani1009: We borrowed money from my FIL. Without his generosity, we wouldn't have our 20 months old twins. I did apply for a discount card for some of the pricey prescriptions. That helped out some.

charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:35 PM
I went to the 2 largest clinic in my area and talked to the financial people. There are discount programs for medication depending on your income. The smaller clinic had cheaper prices but less financial options. It is really pricey. I hate to think about it but for us it was well worth it and we now have 15 month old twin boys. Good luck!!
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:14 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry you're going through this. I do think with blocked tubes and low sperm count, your best probably IS Ivf... unless you wanted to try to clear your tubes and use donor sperm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)